Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone's password

Default iPhone's password
    Okay so I was thinking about something. The iPhone has a password. The iPhone must have it stored somewhere right? Would it be possible to ash into a specified folder and remove/edit/replace a file in order to change the password?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kioes's Avatar
    Thanks

This post seems somewhat sus, however, this is also simple, yes it is possible, i cant be bothered to find the direct path right now, but if you simply wanted to remove a password a restore would have the same effect.
    Hit the thanks button if i helped in anyway

the location of where the passcode is stored is not known at this time, if ever at all...

the real question is why do you want to know where the location is to change it?.....because if you forgot the passcode, you cant SSH to it anyways, or even use something like ifunbox anyways..

the only way at this time, as mentioned previously, is to restore

This was just to satisfy my curiosity on a thought I found very interesting.

I was curious about what EVO said about not being able to SSH while the phone is locked. If I tap on emergency call instead entering in my passcode (which is 8 numbers long if it matters) the screen doesn't immediately dim. Why is this important? Well when I try to SSH in it works just fine, and then I don't have to keep tapping the screen to keep the Wifi alive.

EDIT: After some digging, it appears that as of 4.0 the passcode is no longer saved in the keychain, and it isn't really known where it is kept. And I'm sure now it is duper encrypted as well.
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 07-23-2012 at 10:36 PM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

that is so weird, didnt work for me before, and now after reading your post, it works

I guess what I should have said was you cant ssh into a passcode protected iphone unless it has openssh installed
    Last edited by EVO; 07-23-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,887 Times in 6,041 Posts

Try this.
    /Library/Keychains/keychain-2.db delete this file and reboot.

Haven't tried this method since OS 4.0 days, but it's worth a try before restoring.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 07-23-2012 at 10:36 PM.

From what I've read on other sites deleting the keychain no longer works in 5.0. Could still try though.

@EVO: Lol very true.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Try this.
    /Library/Keychains/keychain-2.db delete this file and reboot.

Haven't tried this method since OS 4.0 days, but it's worth a try before restoring.
    would have suggested that too, but didnt feel the need to since it was a really old technique

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    From what I've read on other sites deleting the keychain no longer works in 5.0. Could still try though.

@EVO: Lol very true.
    just had a flashback....

SSH into a passcode protected iphone does NOT work unless the phone is connected to the same network (i.e. WIFI) as the computer using an ssh utility

in order words if it was rebooted, it will connect to the carrier's 3g network, and thus will not work with SSH, but if it was connected to a wi-fi network, then power button is tapped to take to lockscreen, then it is still connected to wi-fi and will still work REGARDLESS if its on the emergency screen or passcode screen

thats why it didnt work previously for me

AND THUS, is most likely the purpose of the OP's question

Thanks

That is why I put a disclaimer in my post. lol
    Did a search and that method will not work on 5.0 or above. Life goes on, easy fix to restore.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    That is why I put a disclaimer in my post. lol
    Did a search and that method will not work on 5.0 or above. Life goes on, easy fix to restore.
    "when in doubt, restore" - EVO

Thanks

Hey, that's my motto EVO.

lmao