+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: @icloud.com

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, likely not the right place to post this but any devs able to tell me how to get an @icloud.com email to match my @me.com email? Im Running
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default @icloud.com
    Hey guys, likely not the right place to post this but any devs able to tell me how to get an @icloud.com email to match my @me.com email? Im
    Running ios6 b3 on my test device.Most articles say once you sign in with your @me.com user and pass you automatically get one. This doesn't Seem to have happened. Any ideas?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

Did you get your me.com account from MobileMe? Are your referring to your @icloud.com email as the AppleID your sign into at icloud.com?
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scoops98 View Post
    Did you get your me.com account from MobileMe? Are your referring to your @icloud.com email as the AppleID your sign into at icloud.com?
    Apple Id for iCloud dude. From iCloud as opposed to MobileMe. My Id is ****@me.com (**** being my full name) and I sign into iCloud with it. Any ideas?

Thanks

Not sure what you're trying to do. Why not just use your me.com account with iCloud? If it was from MobileMe, you may not be able to use it as you had to transfer it to iCloud before MobileMe was shutdown. If your me.com AppleID is different to your iCloud AppleID, you can't combine them.

Is this what you're asking?

Thanks

What he (or she? lol idk) is asking about is how Apple appears to be transitioning from @me.com to @icloud.com for iCloud email addresses as of iOS 6.0 Beta 3. Hopefully they will just convert everyone over automagically if they do intend on using @icloud.com. Honestly why would they use @me.com instead of iCloud.com in the first place?

Sorry OP, I do not know how to help, but I thought I would try to clear it up a bit for others.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Gotcha. I didn't realize Apple was handing out icloud.com addresses. Personally, the short the better...

Thanks

I prefer my @me.com one, as you say its much shorter! However I'd also like to have my @icloud.com too. Wonder will they be interchangeable? My old email from my uni was reachable at two addresses so if you emailed either it went to the same inbox so perhaps apple will instigate something similar to that.