+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4s reboots every 3 seconds at startup screen

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, having a weird problem, iPhone 4s with OS 5.1.1, it somehow blanked out then asked to be restored through iTunes, I used TinyUmbrella to Kick device out of
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 4s reboots every 3 seconds at startup screen
    Hey guys, having a weird problem, iPhone 4s with OS 5.1.1, it somehow blanked out then asked to be restored through iTunes, I used TinyUmbrella to Kick device out of DFU mode hoping that would help and that I wouldn't have to restore. as soon as Tiny Umbrella did what it was suppose to do the iPhone started a reboot pattern every 3 seconds, after hours of trying I am able to put the phone into a dfu state using iREB, but even in this state whenever i try to do a restore through iTunes as soon as iTunes restore get to "preparing the iPhone for restore", the phone turns back on and goes into the reboot phase all over again, while in this reboot phase the phone is not loading up long enough for the computer/itunes/redsnow/or tiny umbrella to recognize it. I assume that the easiest thing were to be if i can get the phone into a pwn dfu mode, but as i read i don't think that's possible as yet for the iPhone 4s, please help

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, You could either try holding the volume + button in while it powers up. This stops mobile substrate from loading your tweaks. Or hold the home and lock buttons till it powers off and then while holding the home button, plug the USB lead in and start iTunes. This might get you into recovery mode.