+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyway to restore deleted video files on iPhone 4S?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I accidentally deleted some important video files on my iPhone 4S before I synced, so I can't back it up and restore my video's. Is there any software available that
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Anyway to restore deleted video files on iPhone 4S?
    I accidentally deleted some important video files on my iPhone 4S before I synced, so I can't back it up and restore my video's. Is there any software available that can potentially help recover my lost video's? I managed to convert my iPhone into an external harddrive, and I scanned it using some free software, and it could not find any of the lost files I am looking for. I am not really knowledgable about modding or jailbreaking, so if anybody could help me figure out a solution involving one of these methods, it would truly help. I am operating on Windows by the way.

The files were deleted earlier today, by the way. They are just some video files that were on my camera roll. I truly hope there is a way to restore them.. Seeing as how none of the software I downloaded works, what other alternatives are there that I can try? I heard there is a method that involves jailbreaking your iPhone and creating a raw image drive onto your computer, but I am not sure if that is possible to do on Windows... any idea?
    Last edited by xhayatox; 07-18-2012 at 12:38 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anybody??

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

Don't think this is possible sorry

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

+1. I haven't seen anything that can pull deleted content back from an iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Are you guys sure? I found this thread that says you can recover iPhone data... Isn't that it?

HOW TO: iPhone Data Recovery

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Bump?

EVO
    Thanks

there "MAY" be available softwares that can do it for you, but it is expensive.

you can also try the thread you posted, it seems some people had success with that on a 4s with some minor modifications

you can also try: photorec and iphone

I think the first link is better

Thanks

It does look like there are some success there in that thread. Never tried it though, seems a but complicated. I would give it a go, if you've got nothing to lose. If you mess up you can always restore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    It does look like there are some success there in that thread. Never tried it though, seems a but complicated. I would give it a go, if you've got nothing to lose. If you mess up you can always restore.
    I would love to try that method in that thread, I just don't know where to begin or how to even do it, or whether or not it works for Windows Vista.

Is there anyway you can walk me through that tutorial? I've never modded before or used anything like this before so that's why it appears very daunting...

Thanks

Unfortunately, as I've mentioned I've never done anything of this sort either. I'm afraid I'd be just as lost as you. The best I can suggest is to read through it all, if there is anything you aren't quite understanding I may be able to help you define. I wouldn't know where tI start either though, to be honest.

Here's how to SSH into your iPhone with WinSCP. I think you can use iFunBox too but usually with file modding I use WinSCP or Cyberduck.

iClarified - iPhone - How to SSH Into Your iPhone Using WinSCP (Windows)

You'll also want to download mobileterminal onto your device. Go to Cydia and search mobileterminal and download it.

Proceed to follow the instruction given by the thread.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 07-23-2012 at 10:43 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Unfortunately, as I've mentioned I've never done anything of this sort either. I'm afraid I'd be just as lost as you. The best I can suggest is to read through it all, if there is anything you aren't quite understanding I may be able to help you define. I wouldn't know where tI start either though, to be honest.

Here's how to SSH into your iPhone with WinSCP. I think you can use iFunBox too but usually with file modding I use WinSCP or Cyberduck.

iClarified - iPhone - How to SSH Into Your iPhone Using WinSCP (Windows)

You'll also want to download mobileterminal onto your device. Go to Cydia and search mobileterminal and download it.

Proceed to follow the instruction given by the thread.
    Darn I see :/. Do you know any other mods on this site who are knowledgeable about this, and can lend a hand :/?

Thanks

You can always try asking Simon, Orby, or iYeow.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do not worry about that, it is simple and easy to recover the deleted iPhone videos.
    And then here is a guide for you to learn how to do that in detail.
    Full guide for you: http://www.video-converter-mac.org/r...deo-on-iphone/
    Last edited by flinchum; 07-11-2013 at 12:04 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

There is a free PC software that may be able to help. Here is the link

Free iPhone recovery, recover iPhone data with EaseUS MobiSaver Free.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you synced with iTunes after you took the video and before deleting it, there is software available to extract the video from your computer.
    Or you can use a third-party tool to directly scan and recover iPhone 4s video if deleted.
    Last edited by Tori471; 07-11-2013 at 07:52 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I see this article on google

how to recover deleted videos on iPhone

I haven't used this before, but it seen has helped many people get video back

Green Apple
    Thanks

Did you ever get them back??? B

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

To recover Video from iPhone,you need to use a professional iOS data recovery software,if you wan to recover iPhone Video, please do not take Video with iPhone again,because it will rewrite and covered your previous data. There are two ways for your recover iPhone Videos: “Directly recover Video from iPhone” and “Restore previous backup files from iTunes” to get all lost data back.Technically speaking, each time you synchronize your personal iPhone by using iTunes, it will often be a file named .sqlitedb immediately created by iTunes on your computer. Use a smart iPhone Video Recovery tool, you could make your Videos from the .sqlitedb back-up file. Additionally, if you've taken the recovery soon, it is possible to straight recover the deleted Videos from iPhone before they are overwritten.
    This use guide teach you how to recover Video from iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4/3GS and iPad, iPod.

URL= recovery-transfer.com/about/iphone-video-recovery.html

Green Apple
    Thanks

Do these programs do the same as SSH'ing into your phone and installing terminal, etc.????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

To recover deleted video on iPhone.There are two effective methods that you can apply to get back those valuable files, depending on what resources you have on hand (whether you have iTunes backup or a good recovery software).
    Method 1: Recover deleted video on iPhone using iTunes backup
    If you have backed up your phone through iTunes after saving the videos on your iPhone before syncing it, then you can use iTunes to restore lost data. Here's how:

Step 1 – Choose an iTunes backup file of your device to scan, and click Scan. The process will extract the content from your phone backup file.

Step 2 – Once the scan is finished, the screen will display the entire backup content extracted. Find your videos — in .mpeg format typically — and click “Recover” to recover video from iPhone 5.

Method 2: No backup? Just use a third party iPhone Data Recovery tool to recover deleted video on iPhone

Tips: To avoiding lost video on your iPhone,you must to back up your iPhone video to computer,so that you never lost iPhone video.
    Last edited by kooltay; 01-03-2014 at 03:06 AM.