+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Headphone controls

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Is there a way to disable the headphone controls all together? I recently bought a pair of koss portapro ktc headphones and a few days ago the controls started acting
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Headphone controls
    Is there a way to disable the headphone controls all together? I recently bought a pair of koss portapro ktc headphones and a few days ago the controls started acting weird. I noticed when the chord near the jack bent at all it would pause my song. Then it would skip fast forward rewind my songs and activate voice controls. I lost the reciept for the headphones so i cant take them back and i definetly dont have $100 to replace them.

Any suggestions?

Iphone 4 5.0.1

EVO
    Thanks

no I do not think that is possible bud

Thanks

If you have Activator installed, you can change the behavior of the single press and short hold (wired headset) events to anything, including "Do Nothing" which suppresses the original action. So it wouldn't pause anymore or activate VC, in theory at least.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will changing single press also effect double tap to skil and tripple tap to go back?

Thanks

I don't think so, it would only change the single press. It is odd that there is only single press but no double or triple press.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix