Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ID3/Meta Tag Editor iPhone/iPad

iPhone? More like MyPhone mattoligy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default ID3/Meta Tag Editor iPhone/iPad
    How can this be done on an iDevice? Theres so many posts all over the web with people asking the same thing dating back to 2010, really? Theres no way? On a device with 1000000 apps bla bla theres no app to edit ID3 tags and sort our music library?

Whats the ID3 library on Cydia for then? I cant believe this, just when i think the iPad does everything theres always something else i find out it CANT do, and usually its something simple like this, this is getting old...

Thanks

345 views and still no reply lol - I think the answer is probably simple, it can't be done, how crap...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Ok, first install myTunes from Cydia, this will give you a myTunes folder with all your iPod music listed by song_title.mp3 rather than Apples WXYZ.mp3 format. (needs a reboot to update its folder)
    Next install MewSeek, it has an id3 editor for mp3 songs. Copy the mp3 you want from the myTunes folder to the Media/Downloads folder and now you can edit its id3 tags with Mewseek and then add it back to the iPod library.
    A second way is to use PwnTunes, you organise your music in its My Music folder. Although you can't edit id3 tags with this, it uses sub folders which you name by artist and album to position in your iPod library. You can even add a cover.jpg for cover art in the Album folder. PwnTunes doesn't use or need iTunes to sync your My Tunes folder to your iPod library.

Thanks

PwnTunes is the whole reason I need to strip the ID3, because it only uses the folder names and cover.jpeg as a fall back if no ID3 data is found!

Thanks

MewSeek should work for you then

Thanks

Is it iPad native? I have been speaking with a Dev today and without saying to much there should be a full blown ID3 Tag editor in the Cydia store soon ;-)

Thanks

Says it is designed for iPhone/iPod /iPad