Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: confused about unlocked iphone

Default confused about unlocked iphone
    hi guys, this is my first post here, i just came here from another forum which im not gonna name it, but some stupid admin from it decided that my first post there since i post it in the wrong section it was needed to be deleted with no warning.. so if that P.O.S. admin is in this forum reading, you should know i dont care!!!

(Sorry guys had to take it out)

So my problem is this... i bought an iphone 4 8gb unlocked from a guy, i put my tmobile sim card in there and worked in a blink of an eye, i went into the settings and the version is 5.0.1 baseband 4.11.08, the phone is like new, and i went looking for cydia, and dont have it, went into spotlight search it is not there, went into the settings and nothing there that denotes the iphone is jailbroken, did a factory reset (which u cant do when is jailbroken) and the phone did it fast, and as soon as i reboot the phone tmobile signal appears on top, so my question is... is there any way to know if my phone is factory unlocked without restoring or updating in itunes???

or is any way that the phone couldve be unlocked without cydia being installed??? i read about a way calling 112 and airplane mode and idk what else but it says if u update it u gonna loose unlock, idk the way the phone is unlocked and thats why i need help...

thanks guys and i hope i posted it in the right section, since i gotta get used to this forum as well

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

I'm betting it's factory unlocked, you have to be jailbroken for the unlocks like Gevey to work. So I'm gonna say yes, it's factory unlocked. There's no need to worry about your baseband, etc. when your factory unlocked, which is really convenient

But if you really would like to make sure, call Apple's support line and give them your IMEI number. They should be able to tell you if it's factory unlocked.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

If you have 4.11.08 baseband and are unlocked then it is factory unlocked. No other type of unlock will work on that baseband.

But does the method i mentioned above the dialing 112 or something like that needs jailbreak??? Cause i read it doesnt and i dont wanna risk it

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2minicanXtyle View Post
    But does the method i mentioned above the dialing 112 or something like that needs jailbreak??? Cause i read it doesnt and i dont wanna risk it
    No, the gevey sim method (112) does not require jailbreak. But gevey sims do not work on the baseband you have.

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    you have to be jailbroken for the unlocks like Gevey to work.

I have decided it is now my duty to troll you and make fun of you every time you post something completely untrue or stupid. Or if you don't answer the question being asked.
    Maybe one day you won't suck.

Love,
    Cowboy
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

bbrks (07-13-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post

I have decided it is now my duty to troll you and make fun of you every time you post something completely untrue or stupid. Or if you don't answer the question being asked.

Love,
    Cowboy
    Good stuff right there

Unlocking allows you to use the phone on different providers; jailbreaking gives you super user access.
    It can be unlocked but not jailbroken, and it can be jailbroken but not unlocked.
    Cydia shows up from the jailbreak process.

Thanks

Love,
    Cowboy
    Please wait while I attempt to find a crap to give..... 404: Not Found.

I was right about the part of it being factory unlocked. I said 'It's most likely factory unlocked since Gevey and other jailbreak programs require a jailbreak for the them to be used.' If you don't think that's right, you obviously got an issue with everything I say.
    I was right in a way, it's not like it was 100% off. I've told you many times before, I SUCK with hardware and unlocks, face a fact, At least I try. I really don't need your two-sense on it. If you're not gonna contribute, don't post. Simple.

Maybe if you actually listened to me for once you'd notice, but apparently you don't. Your Mistake.

Please wait while I attempt to find a crap to give..... 404: Not Found.

I was right about the part of it being factory unlocked. I said 'It's most likely factory unlocked since Gevey and other jailbreak programs require a jailbreak for the them to be used.' If you don't think that's right, you obviously got an issue with everything I say.
    I was right in a way, it's not like it was 100% off. I've told you many times before, I SUCK with hardware and unlocks, face a fact, At least I try. I really don't need your two-sense on it. If you're not gonna contribute, don't post. Simple.

Maybe if you actually listened to me for once you'd notice, but apparently you don't. Your Mistake.
    No sir your bad apparently you didn't read jack. YOU DO NOT NEED TO JAILBREAK FOR GEVEY TO WORK!
    if you don't know what the hell your talking about stop posting, read and learn before posting false information. You were a whole 25-40 percent right. That's not a good percentage that's an F for Fail.
    Please don't speak for me nothing is ever my bad!
    Thanks for responding please try again to out smart me
    Love the one and only,
    Cowboy

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

No sir your bad apparently you didn't read jack. YOU DO NOT NEED TO JAILBREAK FOR GEVEY TO WORK!
    if you don't know what the hell your talking about stop posting, read and learn before posting false information. You were a whole 25-40 percent right. That's not a good percentage that's an F for Fail.
    Please don't speak for me nothing is ever my bad!
    Thanks for responding please try again to out smart me
    Love the one and only,
    Cowboy
    Another reason why I've never liked you. Anyways, goodbye. I'm out of this topic. Call me the troll next time you see me, I'll remind you of this topic. I've lost my urge to want to fight you since you enjoy hating on me every day. Thanks for proving yourself a jerk to me..... Again.

Another reason why I've never liked you. Anyways, goodbye. I'm out of this topic. Call me the troll next time you see me, I'll remind you of this topic. I've lost my urge to want to fight you since you enjoy hating on me every day. Thanks for proving yourself a jerk to me..... Again.
    And I'll remind you how dumb your post are when you remind me of this topic. Fair???
    Truly,
    Turky Jerky

Quote Originally Posted by 2minicanXtyle View Post
    hi guys, this is my first post here, i just came here from another forum which im not gonna name it, but some stupid admin from it decided that my first post there since i post it in the wrong section it was needed to be deleted with no warning.. so if that P.O.S. admin is in this forum reading, you should know i dont care!!!

(Sorry guys had to take it out)

So my problem is this... i bought an iphone 4 8gb unlocked from a guy, i put my tmobile sim card in there and worked in a blink of an eye, i went into the settings and the version is 5.0.1 baseband 4.11.08, the phone is like new, and i went looking for cydia, and dont have it, went into spotlight search it is not there, went into the settings and nothing there that denotes the iphone is jailbroken, did a factory reset (which u cant do when is jailbroken) and the phone did it fast, and as soon as i reboot the phone tmobile signal appears on top, so my question is... is there any way to know if my phone is factory unlocked without restoring or updating in itunes???

or is any way that the phone couldve be unlocked without cydia being installed??? i read about a way calling 112 and airplane mode and idk what else but it says if u update it u gonna loose unlock, idk the way the phone is unlocked and thats why i need help...

thanks guys and i hope i posted it in the right section, since i gotta get used to this forum as well
    Please, for the sake of general health of this forum, say now that you understand everything.
    Your iPhone is SIM free, meaning, you can do with it what ever you want, change and use sim cards from different carriers, upgrade BB, upgrade IOS, jailbreak, never needing to use gevey, or 112 procedure

Thanks
    Thanked 10,181 Times in 6,199 Posts

You can go to this site and see if it is sim locked or not.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    You can go to this site and see if it is sim locked or not.
    Is it okay to give your IMEI out to an unproven site? Was always taught not to post it publicly.....

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Is it okay to give your IMEI out to an unproven site? Was always taught not to post it publicly.....
    honestly, its really not a big issue like most people proclaim it is.

imei can be blacklisted, but providers ask a lot of pertinent information before having it blacklisted, like owner's name, soc sec, etc.

and besides that, this site is legit, nothing about it constitutes as pulling your private info from the imei number

Okay, that's good to know. Handy tool for buying second hand iPhones then just to check networks in conjunction with checkmend? Does it work worldwide?

factory unlocked seems to me ....i paid 15 for t-mobile to do mine but when restore is done in itunes it pops up and tells me its unlocked