+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4s with AppleCare

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I don't know where to post this so I just posted this here. I bought an iPhone 4s with AppleCare plus awhile back off Craigslist and I want to know
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4s with AppleCare
    I don't know where to post this so I just posted this here. I bought an iPhone 4s with AppleCare plus awhile back off Craigslist and I want to know if apple would replace my iPhone if I cracked the screen even though I'm not the original owner? What do they ask when replacing the iPhone? Do they replace the iPhone on the spot or would I have to wait? I checked on apple's official website if my iPhone 4s had AppleCare plus and it does. I just want to know if I can replace it without any questions asked. Thanks in advance and sorry if this question has already been answered.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Thanks

Anytime I have done a claim through apple care (on my macbooks mostly, but once had my iphone 4 replaced). They required my name, the serial number and few other pieces of information to verify it was me. As far as I know an apple care plan is NON TRANSFERABLE. Meaning only the person who bought it can use it, not a second owner. I could be wrong and maybe call apple and ask. I did not get an apple care plan on my new 4s and and my apple care plans on my macbooks have since run out so things may have changed.
    [CENTER][FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR="#ff3399"]
    Devices
    White iPhone 5S 16 gb on 7.04; Aluminum MacBook Air on 10.8.2; White the New iPad 32 gb on 7.0.4 Jailbroken

Thanks
    Thanked 9,529 Times in 5,848 Posts

AppleCare is for the devise, so it is transferable. Not going to cover the screen replacement though. It's cosmetic damage and not covered by AppleCare.

Thanks

Cosmetic damage as in like scratches and dents? Also I have another question how can I tell if I have AppleCare or AppleCare+? Well as to what I've read on some of apple forums people say that it don't matter if your original owner or not but I'm not sure. I just to know before I go into the apple store. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Does not matter who purchased the devise, still will be covered. You can call 1-800-MyApple and they can tell you which program you are on.

You can also Use this link and enter your serial number at the bottom. Your AppleCare information, including expiration date, should show up there.

Broken screen is not a defect or hardware issue, still considered cosmetic (owner caused, not product issue).

Thanks

Thanks for the info I already checked all it says is that you are protected by apple care protection plan which I'm guessing is just AppleCare? But I'll call just to be sure is there certain hours I can't call? Thanks you!

Thanks

You can do it online too, they have 24 hour online support.