+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak mobile data

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I thought that if you jailbreak your phone and use Mywi or tether that you can have a hotspot internet for free that doesn't come out of your data package??
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak mobile data
    I thought that if you jailbreak your phone and use Mywi or tether that you can have a hotspot internet for free that doesn't come out of your data package??
    I used both apps and my data is still coming out of my plan?
    I used the tether internationally and got royally screwed badd cuz I thought it doesn't come off the plan. How do I get it not to come out of my plan?

Does the phone have to be unlocked to be able to do this. If I unlock the phone what benefits would that have internationally?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

The data has to be charged somewhere. Using those apps only shares your data connection with other devices. It is still data coming from your phone plan.

If you unlock your phone you can buy a local sim to use on a local plan and data.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

+1. It does exactly as you said, it creates a wireless hotspot. Tethering apps never advertised to create free wireless Internet, besides, where would the Internet come from.