+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help - iPhone 4s randomly loses WiFi connectivity about once per week

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I've seen similar posts and no one has seemed to find an answer. My wifi is usually working fine. I have a security enabled network, but do not have MAC
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Help - iPhone 4s randomly loses WiFi connectivity about once per week
    I've seen similar posts and no one has seemed to find an answer. My wifi is usually working fine. I have a security enabled network, but do not have MAC filtering turned on. My router is working fine as I have multiple other computers and devices using it (all thru wifi). Usually my wifi is connected and working on my phone, but on occasion, it will simply become "Not Connected" to my network and I cannot re-connect as it will keep saying "Incorrect password" when I enter my WiFi password. I can simply leave the phone alone and in a few hours it will "magically" re-connect all on it's own and be fine and dandy for days...

Multiple re-springs and reboots do nothing - it seems to do it all on it's own.

I am on 5.1.1 JB'd with Absinthe.

I had numerous Cydia apps installed, including My3G. I removed My3G thinking that may have something to do with it. After removing, the problem was still there - then "poof" after 2 reboots WiFi came back..

Anyone have any idea?

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Most likely an issue with your router. I searched this and there's loads of people that have had this problem. Try connecting to a different network, I've also seen that "forgetting the network" and then reconnecting can work as well.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Tried all that - I can't connect to any network. I've tried the forgetting this network part and that doesn't do it either... And it cannot be a router problem. As I have said, other equipment works fine on the router and that includes multiple iPod 4th gens and a Verizon Iphone 4. My 4s is the only one that has issues and it is VERY random and will fix itself - how I do not know...

I've looked at my router logs too when this issues occurs and there are no entries of the iphone even attempting to connect (when I receive the incorrect password error)..

I really don't want to go to the Apple store and have them replace my "new" phone with some refurb'd thing, which btw would have a trashed battery, only to have this problem re-surface.... It has to be software related in my opinion... I know there's gotta be someone on here smarter than me that can figure this one out...

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

I have no clue what else it could be besides your device, it's definetly not your router. I'm not an expert with this, but it's probably the wifi antennae. So your only option would to be getting it fixed...
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

To confirm its a tweak problem, reboot with the volume + button held. This stops mobile substrate from loading your tweaks and see if it happens again.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Rebooted with Volume+ held - will see if problem arises now....

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i007 View Post
    Rebooted with Volume+ held - will see if problem arises now....
    at first I was thinking maybe the DHCP server lease time, but when you said "incorrect password" it seems to be another issue

If it really bothers you that much, I would suggest backing up in itunes, then do a fresh restore and try it again, just dont install any tweaks for a couple days to test your wifi connection out to see if its stable or not