+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipone 4s pictures lost.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
It seems like I just lost 200+ pictures on my iPhone. They simply disappeared from my camera roll on the phone. And it didn't delete all of my 400+ pictures,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ipone 4s pictures lost.
    It seems like I just lost 200+ pictures on my iPhone.
    They simply disappeared from my camera roll on the phone. And it didn't delete all of my 400+ pictures, just certain selection.
    When ssh-ing to the phone indeed those pictures are gone from camera roll dcim folder.... However their reference is still visible at var/mobile/media/photodata/metadata/dcim/100apple. But they are empty 0bytes .jpg files together with 1.1kb .thm files
    ITunes shows 4gb of pics on the phone. Where it should have been close to 9. Icloud on the other hand showed 9gb of pictures for next backup. I did back that up, but pictures haven't returned.
    Yes phone is jailbroken. Still running 5.0.1.
    Any advice would be appreciated in getting back those precious pics

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any ideas ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Not sure...were you installing anything from Cydia before this occurred? Or was it idle for a whole and when you went into the phone they disappeared?

Basically are you saying you restored from your iCloud backup yet the photos did not return?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no, they just disappeared, didn't make any changes to anything, didn't happen after any install... just evaporated in thin air...
    i followed a guide to recover iphone's data : HOW TO: iPhone Data Recovery
    I got the 16GB .img file, but im not able to recover any images off the phone - photorec isn't able to recover anything in my case.
    i heard it may not work with 4s? what other program can i try to recover stuff from that .img file.
    (ps. my image backup on icloud shows 15GB of photos/videos..... but when restoring from icloud, im getting only 4gb of pictures...)

Thanks

Have you tried restoring? They may be there, but you might have to restore. Otherwise, they might have gone somewhere into another file, or we're just deleted.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I Tried restoring from iCloud to another iPhone, nothing
    It only gets 1/3 (5gb)of pics from iCloud picture backup (15gb)
    I don't wat to restore on the "original" phone in case there is a way to recover the data.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got the same problem when I updated to the IOS 6 I noticed I lost half my pictures..and I have no Jailbreak to try the data recovery method..and I am afraid to do a recover cause I dont know if it will wipe out whatever I have in it...is there any 3rd party software that will recover photos on a 4S? please help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Resurrecting unsolved issue
    i am still trying to figure out my problem, haven't done any updates, installs to my phone ever since..
    i found the "shadows" of missing photos. They are under Photo Data / Metadata (root/user/media/photodata)
    looks like it is a separate folder from the camera roll picutes, it has has both .jpg and .thm files. However they have 0 bytes .jpg and 1kb .thm files
    the thing that bothers me, is that iCloud backup shows that i DO HAVE 17.6 GB of photos on ICLOUD! yet when im restoring from icloud backup i am getting only 3GB worth of photos......
    what else is there to try..?