+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Absinthe 2.0.4 keeps crashing

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Upon searching for a solution, ive decided to ask here finally. Quite simply--iphone 3GS on 5.1.1 and Absinthe 2.0.4. It either wont go past "beginning " phase or crashes on
    Thanks

Default Absinthe 2.0.4 keeps crashing
    Upon searching for a solution, ive decided to ask here finally.

Quite simply--iphone 3GS on 5.1.1 and Absinthe 2.0.4. It either wont go past "beginning " phase or crashes on (Absinthe quit responding) or also going to the reboot phase and then saying hmmm there was a problem.

I did my own and it worked flawessly. My friend's just wont work at all. Running as admin got it to the reboot phase but it failed again.

Norton antivirus also is blocking what it deems a trojan. Dromedan or whatnot. I got the download from MMI of course.

Any thoughts?? Its got me stumped.

Thanks kn advance,

Jon

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why don't you use redsn0w?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

Agree give redsnow a try and see what happens.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When I refresh it, it starts working then crashes and stops and says failure to collect or something..

Thanks

Well, now when I connect this phone to iTunes it says it can't connect and it gives an error code. I researched the code and all the "fixes" for this error don't work.

What's the next step here MMI? I was thinking dfu mode but this phone isn't JB'd at all. It also seems this issue is very popular too.

Thoughts??

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SepticTank View Post
    Well, now when I connect this phone to iTunes it says it can't connect and it gives an error code. I researched the code and all the "fixes" for this error don't work.

What's the next step here MMI? I was thinking dfu mode but this phone isn't JB'd at all. It also seems this issue is very popular too.

Thoughts??
    What is the error code?

And when exactly does it occur?.....when itunes sync with the device or...?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Thoughts??
    Use DFU mode method with redsnow

Thanks

I plug the phone in and within 5 seconds iTunes says (iTunes can't connect to phone lockdown error -5). I'm not at home to see the numerical code right now. Phone was never jailbroken. I was going to try a full restore as a last chance but it won't even connect to the phone?!

Thoughts?? Thanks for the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Use DFU mode method with redsnow
    See above post. No iTunes period now. I also didn't see a 5.1.1 jb from Redsn0w. Only Absinthe on MMI. I really like Absinthe as it is seamless.

EVO
    Thanks

I plug the phone in and within 5 seconds iTunes says (iTunes can't connect to phone lockdown error -5). I'm not at home to see the numerical code right now. Phone was never jailbroken. I was going to try a full restore as a last chance but it won't even connect to the phone?!

there is no itunes error -5

i think you mean absinthe's lockdown error -5?

find out exactly what error is displaying and we can possibly assist you better

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    there is no itunes error -5

i think you mean absinthe's lockdown error -5?

find out exactly what error is displaying and we can possibly assist you better

the same situation here.
    got iTunes Unknown error 0xE8000012, when connected to my iPhone 4 (just upgraded to 5.1.1, no JB yet.)
    thank god on my other laptop, i could still connect my iPhone to iTunes,. So i redo the restore.
    now the connection problem is solved. but i am not sure if ishould try absinthe again. it seemed like just after i failed to use absinthe for JB (absinthe simply crashed at the end, no alert or error message popped up), the lockdown and error 0xE8000012 occured.

maybe you should try use DFU mode when connect to iTunes, at least you can continue to restore, i guess.
    Last edited by kikicolly; 07-10-2012 at 12:53 PM.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kikicolly View Post
    the same situation here.
    got iTunes Unknown error 0xE8000012, when connected to my iPhone 4 (just upgraded to 5.1.1, no JB yet.)
    thank god on my other laptop, i could still connect my iPhone to iTunes,. So i redo the restore.
    now the connection problem is solved. but i am not sure if ishould try absinthe again. it seemed like just after i failed to use absinthe for JB (absinthe simply crashed at the end, no alert or error message popped up), the lockdown and error 0xE8000012 occured.

maybe you should try use DFU mode when connect to iTunes, at least you can continue to restore, i guess.
    try using redsn0w instead

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    try using redsn0w instead
    oh yeah,
    redsn0w 0.9.14b2 worked.

Thanks!
    Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 Released To Improve iPhone 3GS 06.15.00 Baseband Downgrade, Adds DFU IPSW Method | Redmond Pie

EVO
    Thanks

no problem bud!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the same situation here.

There is an easy way to fix it without restoring your phone.

1. iFile, go to /var/root/Library/ and backup your Lockdown folder.
    2. Change the Lockdown folder name to Lockdownold
    3. Shutdown iTunes, on your WINDOWS or MAC find Lockdown folder, backup and simply delete it.
    4. While your iPhone is connected to WINDOWS or MAC, Restart your iPhone and from now you will see screen the same as after Restore.
    5. Your iPhone has to be activated with iTunes and after that will go back to the home screen and you can sync with iTunes again without any errors.

By messing around with Lockdown folder on your iPhone you can loose your carrier unlock if it wasn't unlocked by Apple.

P.S. To avoid deactivating by renaming Lockdown folder on your iPhone you need to recover Lockdown folder from WINDOWS or MAC where your iPhone was fully working to the same location on non working WINDOWS or MAC. I have no idea about compatibility of content between MAC and WINDOWS.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lotkas View Post
    There is an easy way to fix it without restoring your phone.

1. iFile, go to /var/root/Library/ and backup your Lockdown folder.
    2. Change the Lockdown folder name to Lockdownold
    3. Shutdown iTunes, on your WINDOWS or MAC find Lockdown folder, backup and simply delete it.
    4. While your iPhone is connected to WINDOWS or MAC, Restart your iPhone and from now you will see screen the same as after Restore.
    5. Your iPhone has to be activated with iTunes and after that will go back to the home screen and you can sync with iTunes again without any errors.

By messing around with Lockdown folder on your iPhone you can loose your carrier unlock if it wasn't unlocked by Apple.

P.S. To avoid deactivating by renaming Lockdown folder on your iPhone you need to recover Lockdown folder from WINDOWS or MAC where your iPhone was fully working to the same location on non working WINDOWS or MAC. I have no idea about compatibility of content between MAC and WINDOWS.
    seems a bit of a hassle for the average user, but thanks for the suggestions!