Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Please help!!!
    I bought a iPhone 4 8GB white and the description said that the iPhone was "Service provider unlocked". Can someone explain me what this means because I thought that this phone was unlocked and unfortunately this phone is locked to AT&T. Wouldnt a better description for the phone be "Service provider locked" since this would mean that the phone is locked to its service provider which is AT&T. Please help!!! Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 10,215 Times in 6,216 Posts

Yup, I think you were deceived. "Service provider unlocked" to me would mean that it is locked to a carrier, ie. AT&T.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

But shouldn't it be service provider locked. That makes more sense to be that it's unlocked to AT&T. Service provider unlocked seems like it would mean that it's unlocked......

Quote Originally Posted by sami4021 View Post
    But shouldn't it be service provider locked. That makes more sense to be that it's unlocked to AT&T. Service provider unlocked seems like it would mean that it's unlocked......
    you are correct to think that, because thats what it means

I cant say the same for the seller

Thanks

^ Agree, I'm sure he phrased it that way to get more money for it. Sad.......

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I mean its through Best Buy auction site so I will have to go through them. It wasnt through CL or an induvidual seller. I was just pondering on what "Service provider unlocked" Which is why i bought it in the first place..

you can contact the auction and report the listing as misleading information and see if they have a return policy

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

+1. You will get good results if you paid with Paypal. Paypal usually gets your money back as long as you send the product back.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yeah they said sent it back and i will get full refund. Thanks

That is awesome news.

Hope you are cognizant next time and ask lots of questions when dealing with uncertainty.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    +1. You will get good results if you paid with Paypal. Paypal usually gets your money back as long as you send the product back.
    Not totally true, PayPal is an eBay company, and typically if the product was bought on eBay, they will stand behind you 100%, not so much outside of eBay.

Great news, love Best Buy, they haz lots of my money too.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Not totally true, PayPal is an eBay company, and typically if the product was bought on eBay, they will stand behind you 100%, not so much outside of eBay.
    Not typically true

Even if you use PayPal inside ebay and use your bank acct as payment, the result in your favor will depend on the evidence "both sides" present to paypal

If you use a credit you have a better of getting your money back because if PayPal or eBay won't help, you can always file a chargeback from your credit card company

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Not typically true

Even if you use PayPal inside ebay and use your bank acct as payment, the result in your favor will depend on the evidence "both sides" present to paypal

Nope, have had personal experience with this issue with paying with PayPal for a product not on eBay, was not a happy camper.
    We shall agree to disagree...

lub ya

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I am more seller than buyer. I've stopped using PayPal simply bc it favors the buyers over the sellers. My PayPal account got shut down bc somebody opened a dispute on me saying they didn't receive the product when I sent it. They opted not to get insurance on the shipping so when it was lost they took it out on me.

Essentially, I'm saying a lot of times Paypal will listen to the buyer. Whether the buyer was in the wrong or not, of it isn't outrageously ridiculous PayPal will give the money back to the buyer regardless of where the transaction went from.