+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4s apple logo rebooting loop

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i have an iphone 4s jailbroken, worked when i went to sleep, work up and was greeted by an apple logo that was stuck. wasn't aware of all the changes
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4s apple logo rebooting loop
    i have an iphone 4s jailbroken, worked when i went to sleep, work up and was greeted by an apple logo that was stuck. wasn't aware of all the changes apple made, so went into itunes in recovery mode upgraded to 5.1.1, it failed couldnt find the pairing record or number?, retried, everything installed, and when it was at the last step to reboot and power up the phone, it started disconnected, reconnected.

right now I have an apple logo on my screen, that comes on, goes off, in a cycle, i cant even power the phone off. I can get into recovery mode, i CANT get into DFU mode unless i force it there with a custom ipsw using a method i viewed online.

anyone know what I can do to get this up and running?

i dont have any backups, no custom ipsw saved, the phone is locked to a carrier who i purchased it from on contract.

Thanks in advanced.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taii58 View Post
    i have an iphone 4s jailbroken, worked when i went to sleep, work up and was greeted by an apple logo that was stuck. wasn't aware of all the changes apple made, so went into itunes in recovery mode upgraded to 5.1.1, it failed couldnt find the pairing record or number?, retried, everything installed, and when it was at the last step to reboot and power up the phone, it started disconnected, reconnected.

right now I have an apple logo on my screen, that comes on, goes off, in a cycle, i cant even power the phone off. I can get into recovery mode, i CANT get into DFU mode unless i force it there with a custom ipsw using a method i viewed online.

anyone know what I can do to get this up and running?

i dont have any backups, no custom ipsw saved, the phone is locked to a carrier who i purchased it from on contract.

Thanks in advanced.
    if you already restored and the issue still persists, I wouldn't even hassle with the time to try and fix it.

Just take it back to apple for replacement, because even if you managed to fix it, you won't know what caused it, and it can occur again in the future...

it seems to me like its a hardware issue, but you cant test the iphone 4s like you can with earlier iphones due to different hardware components

and since you dont depend on an unlock, have any backups or anything, just take it to apple, it will save you the time

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Since its jail broken, if I take it back to apple for replacement, how does this work? Never done this before

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Best bet would be restore it cleans the jailbreak off of it.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taii58 View Post
    Since its jail broken, if I take it back to apple for replacement, how does this work? Never done this before
    Your best bet would be to do as 2k said, but as far as returning it, etc. (still jailbroken and stuff) jailbreaking voids the warranty, so they wouldn't cover it. They will never know if you restore it and stuff.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default The Holy grail of iPhone Fixes
    I've been through the reboot/crash/apple logo/HEADACHE/...finally give up/end up restoring and losing everything ordeal before, and I think that I might have stumbled on some (hopefully) Holy Grail of solutions... I recently discovered a Mobile Substrate (responsible for 98% of reboot problems) safety feature that can be activated AS LONG AS YOU CAN AT LEAST GET YOUR PHONE TO POWER ON: By holding the volume up button the second the power engages, substrate will disable EVERYTHING and boot, allowing you to access it through iTunes to backup/restore/troubleshoot. Also, most jailbroken data remains intact, as the boot is meant to be temporary specifically for this reason. And here's the best part: if you have SBSettings installed (and if you don't, download it), in the options menu, a Mobile Substrate Addons tab will bring you to a list of all mobile substrate toggles in order to find out what is causing the problem. Then delete, reboot, and win!

EVO
    Thanks

Yup that is a common solution that many people do but some are not aware of.

However it is always best that once you fix the issue using this method, to backup, then restore again.

It may fix the issue, but the issue or some other issue related to this one may creep up in the future.

It's a good idea to always start fresh if a big issue occurs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what if your not able to restore anything at all? ive tried EVVERRTHHINNNGGG and cant do ****. it turns on i can get it into dfu mode by pressing and holding both buttons home and power then releasing power. ive tried rejailbreaking it, booting it tethered from redsnow, trying to put custom firmware and nothing works. this is just a big hassle and i dont have the money to afford a replacment. help?

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by engladay View Post
    what if your not able to restore anything at all? ive tried EVVERRTHHINNNGGG and cant do ****. it turns on i can get it into dfu mode by pressing and holding both buttons home and power then releasing power. ive tried rejailbreaking it, booting it tethered from redsnow, trying to put custom firmware and nothing works. this is just a big hassle and i dont have the money to afford a replacment. help?
    please tell us specifically what the issue is, like what errors you are facing, and from where, itunes or redsn0w, etc.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,539 Times in 5,857 Posts

please tell us specifically what the issue is, like what errors you are facing, and from where, iTunes or redsn0w, etc.
    Yeah buddy, a lot more info needed in order to help you.