+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3gs wont boot!!!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
so heres the deal...i just replaced the dock connector on my iphone 3gs before i replaced the dock connector it would not turn on at all. now it turns on
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default iphone 3gs wont boot!!!
    so heres the deal...i just replaced the dock connector on my iphone 3gs before i replaced the dock connector it would not turn on at all. now it turns on but just sits at the apple logo? it will go into dfu, recovery mode, and i can also restore firmware and everything; but for some odd reason it will not boot? i tried tiny umbrella, just boot tethered. im running out of ideas...any suggestions would be much appreciated.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackson1714 View Post
    so heres the deal...i just replaced the dock connector on my iphone 3gs before i replaced the dock connector it would not turn on at all. now it turns on but just sits at the apple logo? it will go into dfu, recovery mode, and i can also restore firmware and everything; but for some odd reason it will not boot? i tried tiny umbrella, just boot tethered. im running out of ideas...any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Is it NOT booting up?

Or is it booting but stuck in an INFINITE BOOT LOOP with stuck apple logo?

Thanks

stuck in the infinite loop but i took the screen off and i think its a sensor because it the screen is sitting a certain way i can see the springboard etc etc but the screen isnt sitting flush and because of that the home button wont work

its like if the screen is sitting flush and not sticking out the screen is white but it i have it sticking out at the top it will work...what would cause this?
    Last edited by jackson1714; 06-24-2012 at 06:14 PM.

EVO
    Thanks

Im not following you.

Maybe a picture may help.

However, you might want to open it back up, and recheck all connections, making sure the components are sitting flush

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

jackson1714 (06-25-2012)

Thanks

thanks for replying when i have everything sitting flush...i get the white screen of death. whenever i have the bottom flush and the top sticking out just a little bit...it works perfect minus the home button, which could be do to connector 2 not being all the way connected. i think may be a sensor issue or a bad connecter because ill leave the phone running and move the screen around and it will go from normal, to white, white with lines etc. i would like to have it fixed properly. its not my main phone i have an i4 but i was gonna the 3gs for my daugthers to store movies and songs etc etc because 32 gigs....i hope that explains it better i can send a screenshot...if you still wanna see

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackson1714 View Post
    thanks for replying when i have everything sitting flush...i get the white screen of death. whenever i have the bottom flush and the top sticking out just a little bit...it works perfect minus the home button, which could be do to connector 2 not being all the way connected. i think may be a sensor issue or a bad connecter because ill leave the phone running and move the screen around and it will go from normal, to white, white with lines etc. i would like to have it fixed properly. its not my main phone i have an i4 but i was gonna the 3gs for my daugthers to store movies and songs etc etc because 32 gigs....i hope that explains it better i can send a screenshot...if you still wanna see
    You might wanna contact Cowboy, he's one of the guys that fixes hardware issues, he may be able to determine the cause and fix it for you for a good price..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

jackson1714 (06-25-2012)

Thanks

i may just leave it as is...for now until another problem arises...lol