Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: I need help!is a discussion within the
General iPhone Chatforums, a part of the
I need some help, I have an iPhone 4s and I somehow managed to update it to 5.1.1 but while it was updating my power went out, and of course...
06-23-2012, 06:01 PM #1I need help!
I need some help, I have an iPhone 4s and I somehow managed to update it to 5.1.1 but while it was updating my power went out, and of course I'd run into several problems. I can't back up my phone from a previous back up...I get this error
"iTunes could not restore the iPhone "Alex's iPhone" because the iPhone refused the request"
I google'd everything I could possibly think of but I have yet to find a possible solution, or I just don't understand what the $#@! their talking about.
Then ontop of that, the last time I backed up was January 9th, Which is kinda bad because I didn't have some contacts at that time that I need, would anyone know how to, if even possible, to fix that?
I've downloaded a iPhone Backup Extractor, But I have no idea how to $#@!ing use it and the videos on their site are completely useless.
So through out this whole ordeal, I managed to restore my iPhone to factory settings and lose all my information/pictures/videos/contacts/text messages you name it. Needless to say I'm sitting here wanting to punch the living $#@! out of myself for me being an idiot. Any help would be appreciated.
Now Ima go to the gym and burn off some steam, Ima check up on this in an hour or so.
06-23-2012, 06:41 PM #2
06-23-2012, 08:45 PM #3
06-24-2012, 03:17 AM #4
1. So the issue is that you restored and lost all your data, ie contacts, photos, sms, and want it all back correct?
2. When you say you restored your iphone to Factory Settings, did you mean you restored via itunes or did you use the "Erase All Content and Settings"?
3. And you want to know what you can do to retrieve your data back correct?
Here is what I suggest you do to "possibly" fix the error from your latest backup and be able to restore from that recent backup..
1. Make sure that you have the Show hidden files, folders, and drives selected in the Folder Options. You can achieve this by going to Control Panel and Folder Options
2. Go to this directory ---> C drive\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
XXX is whatever your User Account is
3. You will see some folder(s) with random numbers and letters. Each one of these folders contains the backup files of your iphone. Copy the folder that contains the latest date(January 9th) because that was the last backup made (according to you), and copy it to your desktop.
4. Restore back to 5.1.1 using itunes by DFU mode (search if you dont know how )
5. Upon successful restoration of 5.1.1, make sure the Set up as a new iphone is selected in itunes
6. Create a fresh new backup by right-clicking your device in itunes and click Backup
7. Go back to this directory ---> C drive\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
8. You should see a new folder backup which corresponds to the time and date that you made the fresh backup. Open up that folder and copy the Status.plist file into the January 9th backup folder. Dont copy the file into the folder on your desktop. Copy it into the folder thats in the \MobileSync\Backup.
9. Close itunes then reopen it. Restore back to your Jan 9th backup and you should be ok. However, you will probably lose your applications but you can always re-download that.
However your sms, photos, etc. from the Jan 9th Backup should be there.
At least this will be better than having nothing.
Let us know how that works out for you.
12-01-2013, 12:31 PM #5
Don't you think, it's a bit to late for your answer