+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is anyone else having a problem with camera crashing?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, you have two options, set your phone up as new, jailbreak and add tweaks a few at a time to see if your camera app crashes or uninstall stuff
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, you have two options, set your phone up as new, jailbreak and add tweaks a few at a time to see if your camera app crashes or uninstall stuff a few at a time, again testing to see if the camera app works. I prefer the second method. So long as you backup with PkgBackup first, it is then a simple task to reinstall your tweaks. I think it is time to be brave, make an iTunes backup too and start removing stuff. You might have a non ios5 compatible theme, so to test, remove Winterboard and test the camera. Then start removing say 6 tweaks at a time (making a note of what you have just removed) and then retest the camera app. When you find the camera app is working ok, you have then narrowed it down to a few possible suspects. To get all your stuff back on. Just do a restore with PkgBackup, unselecting the last bunch which fixed the issue. Now you have narrowed it down to 6 or so suspects you can install them one at a time. If this doesn't work, uninstall MobileSubstrate and retest. If that doesn't work, restore your phone as new and rejailbreak. There is no quick fix unless someone else has had the same problem on this forum.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 08-21-2012 at 06:47 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kieranread View Post
    Hiya, Found it crashes the camera on this forum and from experience it slowed down my Phone marginally
    Hmmm interesting...
    I'll delete it and use OmniStat again I guess.

Is there another settings tweak out that is as good if better?

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Hi, you have two options, set your phone up as new, jailbreak and add tweaks a few at a time to see if your camera app crashes or uninstall stuff a few at a time, again testing to see if the camera app works. I prefer the second method. So long as you backup with PkgBackup first, it is then a simple task to reinstall your tweaks. I think it is time to be brave, make an iTunes backup too and start removing stuff. You might have a non ios5 compatible theme, so to test, remove Winterboard and test the camera. Then start removing say 6 tweaks at a time (making a note of what you have just removed) and then retest the camera app. When you find the camera app is working ok, you have then narrowed it down to a few possible suspects. To get all your stuff back on. Just do a restore with PkgBackup, unselecting the last bunch which fixed the issue. Now you have narrowed it down to 6 or so suspects you can install them one at a time. If this doesn't work, uninstall MobileSubstrate and retest. If that doesn't work, restore your phone as new and rejailbreak. There is no quick fix unless someone else has had the same problem on this forum.
    Yeah I am uninstalling tweaks as described.
    The only problem that I have is the camera crash is intermediate so this will take a long long time to identify.

Oh well I know that either I do this or un-jb which is not an option I want to accept at this time until the new iPh5 is released.

Guess I have a month to find the problem.

Thanks
    Last edited by n0m0n; 08-21-2012 at 06:57 AM.
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, I don't think that you need to look for alternative tweaks to the ones you are removing until you have proved it is the one causing the problem. During this process don't install new stuff, just remove stuff to see if your camera starts working correctly. If removing a tweak didn't fix it, then by all means reinstall it and carry on using it. Removing a bunch of tweaks at a time just speeds up the process.

Sorry, I thought it was happening more often than not while zooming
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 08-21-2012 at 07:07 AM.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123