Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Scoring a iPhone 4S replacement - how?

Default Scoring a iPhone 4S replacement - how?
    I've got an iPhone 4S that I've used for two months, then I didn't use it until now. (Got another phone). My warranty is going to be up in a few months, and the phone has a few scratches (nothing major), and a not very clicky home button (it doesn't go as far as my 4). No water damage trip, etc. I should note this is a new replacement as the first one had a major screen issue.

What would be the best way to get a replacement?

I'm a registered Apple Developer, and Apple says "This version of iOS is intended only for installation on development devices registered with Apple’s Developer Program. Attempting to install this version of iOS in an unauthorized manner could put your device in an unusable state, which could necessitate an out of warranty repair.". Does that mean if it is in an authorized manner (which it would be), I would get an in-warranty repair? How would I brick it?

i have swapped out iPhone 4s literally 4 times. my "problem" was that the home button wasn't clicky enough. stupid ik but i have ocd and every time i used the button it would annoy the **** out of me. so basically i just went to the genius bar and told them that the home button wasn't working all the time. say that it sometimes is unresponsive, but its on and off. they are gonna try and "fix" and try and clean it out. if you catch the right person and complain enough they'll replace it then. if not, then after they clean it go back the next day and say that you were in there the day before and the person tried to fix it but i went home and the problem was still happening. say you just want a working phone and ask to swap it out. then they will swap it out without a fuss. the only annoying thing is you HAVE to make an appointment to get waited on. and you can only go once a day :-/ but i guarantee it'll work if you follow what i said

Thanks, but unfortunately the nearest Apple store is a hour public transport away.. I'd prefer something that works in 1 appointment

bump 2.. does anyone have any ideas?

Hmm, the screen still has uneven lighting, but it's a lot less visible than my old one. Could I get a in-warranty exchange for this?