+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can you disable the lock/sleep button?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My device recently suffered some water damage. Now when the screen is locked, my iPod likes to get revenge on me by turning on the screen every 10-15 seconds. It
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Can you disable the lock/sleep button?
    My device recently suffered some water damage. Now when the screen is locked, my iPod likes to get revenge on me by turning on the screen every 10-15 seconds. It is a huge battery waster, especially since I have tweaks running on the lock screen. Does anyone know if I can disable the lock button completely? That way it won't turn itself on and I can just lock with another activator shortcut.

Thanks

If you have water damage use a blow dryer. When drying the iPod make sure it's off and you switch from hot to cold on the dryer. DONT OVER HEAT THE IPOD!! Do this for about 10 minutes. I looked in Activator and I couldn't find a disabling option for the lock button. But if you try my solution there is a 50/50 chance this will work. (Depends on how fast you got the iPod out of the water). Also, blow the lock button as hard as you can to get rid of the water. I'll do some Googling for you my friend. =D

Wooot I got some good news, I found out that you can use activator....Settings/Activator/Anywhere/Under Volume Buttons choose (Both Press)/Under LockScreen choose(Lock/Unlock/

Other Option
    Settings->General-> Accessibility->Assitive Touch

Keep me updated!
    Last edited by AkAdeMicKs; 06-17-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    AkAdeMicKs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Same problem-need to disable lock/sleep button
    No water damage. Lock/sleep button ALWAYS activated. phone locks itself and tries to power down whenever I unlock it. Everything else works great on the phone. Only 4 weeks old.

Any suggestions?

I don't need to use the lock/sleep button, I need to disable it. I don't want to cut the flex cable connected to the button because the phone is still under warranty.

I also cannot exchange it now because I live on an island... no Apple store within 3000 miles.

Anybody know how exactly the button works? I'm thinking I can wedge some paper between the button and the sensor, but I'm not sure exactly where to insert.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Are you talking about auto lock function ? If that is the case then set auto lock to never.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,539 Times in 5,857 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ekroh View Post
    No water damage. Lock/sleep button ALWAYS activated. phone locks itself and tries to power down whenever I unlock it. Everything else works great on the phone. Only 4 weeks old.

Any suggestions?

I don't need to use the lock/sleep button, I need to disable it. I don't want to cut the flex cable connected to the button because the phone is still under warranty.

I also cannot exchange it now because I live on an island... no Apple store within 3000 miles.

Anybody know how exactly the button works? I'm thinking I can wedge some paper between the button and the sensor, but I'm not sure exactly where to insert.

Thanks in advance.
    You can search You Tube for a tutorial on the repair, you can mail it to Apple with a Apple issued RMA (return material authorization) and they will replace it, have a local repair shop fix it if you don't feel confident.
    I would say no to trying to wedge a piece of paper in there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there any software that will disable the function of the button? Maybe via Activator? I'm looking at SBSettings now...

Would rather not do anything to void warranty. Plus, no repair shop on the island. I could send it home to someone who could do the RMA thing I suppose but looking at a 4-6 week turnaround. That'll be last resort...

Thanks
    Thanked 9,539 Times in 5,857 Posts

Activator may work for you, worth a try I guess.