Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: windows does not recognize frozen iphone help!

Angry windows does not recognize frozen iphone help!
    my iphone is original edge phone not jailbroken or modded in anyway. For some reason randomly today my facebook app started sending me a push notification everytime one of my friends updated thier status even though push settings were set only for messages and and tags. I turned all push off (eating up battery like crazy) still push notifications for replys to my comments etc. I get fed up and decide to log out of facebook in the app. wheel spins forever i get impatient and press home. wheel is still spinning over the middle of home screen phone wont do anything(WTF?) I hold down the sleep and home buttons until it reboots. apple screen forever (at least 10 mins) I reboot again apple screen takes a long time I start to worry then home menu comes up. navigation is working check my unread text (releaved at this point) thinking all is good until I get another push notification. At this point I decide that I don't need facebook on my phone so I delete it set the phone down it goes to sleep. Hours later home doesn't work press sleep it starts to boot, but doesnt finish. Thinking there is a slight chance the battery went dead while sitting plug the usb into the computer and windows xp says "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." Now when I boot it it shuts right off. I have tried holding the sleep and home button for 30 seconds brings up the itunes usb cable graphic still get same message on computer. I would appreciate some help I'm active with occupy and all my mobile communications just went down.
    Last edited by slurfius; 06-17-2012 at 02:43 AM.

updated itunes then held the home and sleep buttons itunes saw the the phone started to restore it then it said it couldnt and gave error 2009 AHH!!

i somehow was able to keep the phone connected to the computer long enough to restore by holding the connector in (intermitent connection?) I guess I will need to buy a different phone then restore my old backup on it or hold the connector everytime i charge. Restored completely and half of my favorite apps couldn't load because they are no longer compatible. What is the point of saving a backup if you are forced to install the latest version of apps anyway? I think it's time to upgrade when does iphone 5 come out?

Quote Originally Posted by slurfius View Post
    i somehow was able to keep the phone connected to the computer long enough to restore by holding the connector in (intermitent connection?) I guess I will need to buy a different phone then restore my old backup on it or hold the connector everytime i charge. Restored completely and half of my favorite apps couldn't load because they are no longer compatible. What is the point of saving a backup if you are forced to install the latest version of apps anyway? I think it's time to upgrade when does iphone 5 come out?
    please try to be specific in terms of what iphone you have, what iOS firmware its on, and what baseband, it will give us a better idea to assist you...

The itunes backup is meant to save your DATA in the apps you are using, yes it does restore the apps on the version of which when the backup was made, but if you have any important data saved in those apps, it will be restored by itunes, and you can always update the app in the Appstore, but your data wont be lost

I dont know what iphone u have and iOS so I cant suggest a way to fix it unless you can provide those information

Thanks

If your getting the 2009 error try using a different usb port on your computer. If that ins't the solution use iFaith. Good Luck my friend. =D
    AkAdeMicKs