Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Apps keep crashing
06-16-2012, 02:06 PM #1Apps keep crashing
I have an iPhone 4 running unlocked for Tmobile on iOS 5.0.1 firmware: 02.10.04 about 3 days ago, i upgraded some files from cydia, and directly after that i noticed some of my apps (most importantly Facebook) would load, and then crash. I would un-install and re-install the apps but the same thing would still happen. I am not very smart when it comes to things like this and how to fix it! Any help would be appreciated.
06-16-2012, 02:11 PM #2
06-16-2012, 02:16 PM #3
06-16-2012, 02:24 PM #4
06-17-2012, 10:53 AM #5
yes i am sure that the info is correct. also, is there a way to perminatly keep my iphone in safemode?? because the apps work when it is in safe mode.
06-17-2012, 01:53 PM #6
here are the steps to sucessfuly restore to 5.1.1:
1. Check your hosts file located at C drive -> System32 -> drivers -> etc, open the HOSTS file with notepad, and check to see if there is a line with the entry "22.214.171.124 gs.apple.com", if it is, then delete it and save the file
2. Go to the website iclarified and download the GSM 5.1.1 firmware for iphone 4
3. Download redsn0w 0.9.12b1 and create a custom NO_BB ISPW using the ISPW you downloaded
4. Follow the instructions in redsn0w that tells you how to put your iphone in PWNED DFU MODE
5. Open itunes and hold the SHIFT key + CLICK restore and point it to the NO_BB ISPW created from redsn0w
6. Upon successful restore, use redsn0w again to Jailbreak your device
Make sure before you began those steps to BACKUP in itunes
06-17-2012, 09:25 PM #7
Yea, you wouldn't enjoy your iPhone in safemode. Just restore and backup. 5.1.1 is better than 5.0.1 and untethered is out so now you can upgrade. IF EVO solutions doesn't work then let us know, i'll try to help you.
Last edited by AkAdeMicKs; 06-17-2012 at 09:32 PM.AkAdeMicKs