+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMessage and FaceTime

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok for some reason when i installed my phone to 5.1.1 and set it up i had no internet connection to it so somehow it got attached to my apple
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iMessage and FaceTime
    ok for some reason when i installed my phone to 5.1.1 and set it up i had no internet connection to it so somehow it got attached to my apple id email account and my imessage got sent there. however later i got internet back on it and so i could activate imessage to my cell # but now i have both attached to my imessage , my email and cell #, is it possible to remove my email from imessage ? (i dont want to get the msgs sent there but only my phone)

and what is facetime and what it do?
    iPhone 4 | Version iOS 4.1 Jailbreaked
    Macbook Air 13" 2011 Model
    Champagne & Limousines

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twister86 View Post
    ok for some reason when i installed my phone to 5.1.1 and set it up i had no internet connection to it so somehow it got attached to my apple id email account and my imessage got sent there. however later i got internet back on it and so i could activate imessage to my cell # but now i have both attached to my imessage , my email and cell #, is it possible to remove my email from imessage ? (i dont want to get the msgs sent there but only my phone)

and what is facetime and what it do?
    yes you can associate just your phone number to imessage and remove email.

just go to the Messages from Settings, then go to "Receive At" then tap on your Apple ID and log out of it, now only your iphone number will be associated instead of both email and phone number

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thanks it worked.

Also when i first ran my phone i got a screen saying that if i wanted to connect with my apple-id at startup screen, but I skipped over that step, what does it do if i would've had typed in my apple-id at setup when i first started my iphone? would it automaticly have added my apple-id to imessage and all other functions on my iphone? or was it only for iCloud ? (havnt setup it either yet)

and what does FaceTime do ? sometime when i open my messages i get a popup window saying "My operator will eventually take a amount of $ using FaceTime blabla"
    iPhone 4 | Version iOS 4.1 Jailbreaked
    Macbook Air 13" 2011 Model
    Champagne & Limousines

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twister86 View Post
    Thanks it worked.

Also when i first ran my phone i got a screen saying that if i wanted to connect with my apple-id at startup screen, but I skipped over that step, what does it do if i would've had typed in my apple-id at setup when i first started my iphone? would it automaticly have added my apple-id to imessage and all other functions on my iphone? or was it only for iCloud ? (havnt setup it either yet)

and what does FaceTime do ? sometime when i open my messages i get a popup window saying "My operator will eventually take a amount of $ using FaceTime blabla"
    no problem..

to answer your questions:

if you would have skipped the apple-id sign-up during setup, you would have had to enter it again if you downloaded anything from the appstore, but if you enter it at initial setup, it would have logged you into the appstore, and it would also add it to imessage as well

Facetime allows you to talk with another person on their iphone using face to face and voice. I dont really use facetime but i believe its only available for certain carriers