+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5.1.1 speaker issues, no sounds with music or apps.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'm having issues with my iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1, it's jailbroken with Spite 3.0 installed a few weeks ago. My issue is that the speakers will not play music,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iOS 5.1.1 speaker issues, no sounds with music or apps.
    I'm having issues with my iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1, it's jailbroken with Spite 3.0 installed a few weeks ago. My issue is that the speakers will not play music, lock sounds, or keyboard clicks. Although when I enable Siri, recieve a call, use my head phones, and make a call on speaker, the sound comes through. This just started happening two days ago without changing any settings. Anyone have any ideas?

PS- Trying to increase the volume with the buttons on the side, only gives me the ringer box w/ no status bar. It doesn't wanna work.

Thanks

Have no idea what Spite 3.0 is...perhaps u installed a tweak or something around that time that caused it...if it were me, I'd DFU restore and JB with redsn0w 0.9.12b2...but that's me...I don't unlock either...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry, it's actually Spite 3.0.1... A tweak that allows you to get Siri for idevices iPhone 4 and older. Not sure about re-jailbreaking with redsnow, I don't think that's the root of the problem

iPhone? More like MyPhone butler007's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sure this won't help at all but I had the same problem a month or two ago. I know what caused mine though; dropping my iPod in a sink full of water on the off chance water could've caused yours, put it in a box of rice near a dehumidifier for 12 hours or so and all will be fine