+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes won't restore my apps from backup.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I recently jailbroke my 3GS. I transferred all apps to itunes, then did a backup, then updated to 5.1.1. Everything was automatically restored including apps, but JB failed. So I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iTunes won't restore my apps from backup.
    I recently jailbroke my 3GS.

I transferred all apps to itunes, then did a backup, then updated to 5.1.1. Everything was automatically restored including apps, but JB failed. So I erased all data and files through phone menu and JB'd again and it was a success.

Then I tried restoring from backup in iTunes, I think just about everything was restored except apps. My SMS history was there, as is contact list, icon layout, etc.

Why weren't the apps restored? I tried restoring a few times but the apps just wouldn't be restored. Is it a bug?

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YAIU View Post
    I recently jailbroke my 3GS.

I transferred all apps to itunes, then did a backup, then updated to 5.1.1. Everything was automatically restored including apps, but JB failed. So I erased all data and files through phone menu and JB'd again and it was a success.

Then I tried restoring from backup in iTunes, I think just about everything was restored except apps. My SMS history was there, as is contact list, icon layout, etc.

Why weren't the apps restored? I tried restoring a few times but the apps just wouldn't be restored. Is it a bug?
    you dont jailbreak then backup, you backup first before jailbreak

Restore again -> restore backup from itunes -> jailbreak

I dont know why the jailbreak failed but try using the latest redsn0w 0.9.12b1 after restoring from itunes backup