+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Updating Problem, error 3194

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I cannot update my phone at ALL. I'm so frustrated and i could really use some help. It displays error 3194, ive done everything i could find on youtube and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Updating Problem, error 3194
    I cannot update my phone at ALL. I'm so frustrated and i could really use some help.

It displays error 3194, ive done everything i could find on youtube and other forums. its out of warranty and its jailbroken, its so frustrating. Please help, and thanks in advance!

Its an iPhone 4 running 5.0.1

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

And you trying to update to 5.1.1?

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sabu21 View Post
    I cannot update my phone at ALL. I'm so frustrated and i could really use some help.

It displays error 3194, ive done everything i could find on youtube and other forums. its out of warranty and its jailbroken, its so frustrating. Please help, and thanks in advance!

Its an iPhone 4 running 5.0.1
    error 3194 is indicative of not having SHSH blobs for whatever iOS version you want to restore to, if you do have shsh blobs, check to make sure your hosts file contains the entry "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com", if it does not, you need to add it in there and save the hosts file

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have tried adding and deleting that to the host file many times, and yes I'm trying to update to 5.1.1 so I don't need shsh blobs

EVO
    Thanks

I have tried adding and deleting that to the host file many times, and yes I'm trying to update to 5.1.1 so I don't need shsh blobs
    you dont add that entry to the hosts file if you are updating to the latest iOS version (5.1.1), in fact it cannot contain that entry at all...

if you rely on an unlock for your iphone, create a custom firmware using sn0wbreeze v2.9.6, put your iphone in PWNED DFU MODE, then restore to the custom firmware by holding SHIFT + click the RESTORE and point it to the custom firmware in iTUNES

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay I'm going to try it again, do I have to reboot my computer after? Or just update right after?

EVO
    Thanks

Okay I'm going to try it again, do I have to reboot my computer after? Or just update right after?
    no you dont need to restart the computer, however you do need to close itunes and reopen it

but just be after that if you do an update "via itunes", it will update your baseband, which is dependent on unlock if you use an unofficial carrier (unless you do not care about it)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

sabu21 (06-11-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i think its working... its verifying atm. I haven't seen this stage so far. and now its updating iphone software.. I THINK ITS WORKING.. ITS WORKING. THANKS VERY MUCH. I have tried updating this for TWO months, and you helped me do it in 2 minutes. I appreciate it very much.

EVO
    Thanks

i think its working... its verifying atm. I haven't seen this stage so far. and now its updating iphone software.. I THINK ITS WORKING.. ITS WORKING. THANKS VERY MUCH. I have tried updating this for TWO months, and you helped me do it in 2 minutes. I appreciate it very much.
    you're welcome buddy!

I'm glad its working for you...

any time you have any questions, feel free to post, and one of us will gladly help you!

have fun!
    Last edited by EVO; 06-11-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I love MMi, so many helpful and enthusiastic people

/Gushy moment over.