+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I change how a theme looks/operates

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey everyone, I'm sort of a noob to modifying Apple software so forgive my ignorance. I've jailbroken my iPhone 3GS, and have installed various themes and other mods, but I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Can I change how a theme looks/operates
    Hey everyone, I'm sort of a noob to modifying Apple software so forgive my ignorance. I've jailbroken my iPhone 3GS, and have installed various themes and other mods, but I just can't get my phone to look/operate quite how I want it to. I've installed a battery charging mod that I like, but when I use a theme other than the default apple theme, it seems to override the battery mod I like and just uses the battery meter in the theme. Is there a way to "turn off" this (and other) parts of a theme I install? Really all I want are the icons, not the background and not the battery charge meter. Any suggestions???

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 9,695 Times in 5,955 Posts

What theme? You could use iFile and remove what you don't want from the theme.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply blkcadi. The specific theme in question is "Realistic 3D". I'll look into and try to use iFile to do what I'm trying to do. Beyond changing an existing theme, I'm wondering if I may have to just learn how to create my own theme. Any thoughts on good tools/apps to do that?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,695 Times in 5,955 Posts

Photoshop.

Remember that Winterboard works in a hierarchy, meaning theme on top takes priority over the theme below, so you may have to move things around in WInterboard.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, I've moved everything around in the hierarchy, but this theme (and others) still seems to override where I put my battery app and even "user background" and others. Did manage to get background of another theme visible w/ the icons of the 3D theme I'm using. I installed and looked through iFile (unregistered at this point still), but didn't see anything related to the 3D theme (or any others for that matter). I'll keep messing around, but I'm sort of getting the feeling it may ultimately be easier just to learn to create my own theme(s). Thanks again for your help.
    Cheers

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Have you had a look at dreamboard themes? They dont theme the status bar/lockscreen etc so you can then mod them with winterboard and not worry about things conflicting. Plus dreamboard themes are just awesome