+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apps do not open when iPhone is looking for 3G

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have noticed when I am in an area with little or no internet service (3G), any kind of app will not open some of the time except Cydia. Of
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Apps do not open when iPhone is looking for 3G
    I have noticed when I am in an area with little or no internet service (3G), any kind of app will not open some of the time except Cydia. Of course I can turn 3G off and open up an app if I wanted to. I have also noticed it happened today at work when the internet was down but I was connected to the wifi network and there was no internet.

Has anyone come across this issue or know why this is happening? Any input or ideas why will be appreciated.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Dominick Fontana View Post
    I have noticed when I am in an area with little or no internet service (3G), any kind of app will not open some of the time except Cydia. Of course I can turn 3G off and open up an app if I wanted to. I have also noticed it happened today at work when the internet was down but I was connected to the wifi network and there was no internet.

Has anyone come across this issue or know why this is happening? Any input or ideas why will be appreciated.
    I apologize if no one responded to you, there are just a lot of people asking assistance and we may miss some

however, to give my insight on this, if I am understanding your issue correctly, some apps require internet to be accessed, because as soon as you open those apps, it accesses the internet and attempts to connect to its server to access data

if you dont have internet and access the apps, it can freeze or crash