Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ModMyi Repo freezes Cydia?

Question ModMyi Repo freezes Cydia?
    Hi!

I recently upgraded my iPhone 4S to 5.1.1 and jailbroke it. While trying to install any app/tweak from the ModMyi repo, Cydia freezes. I can open other apps and return to my iPhone's Home Screen, but when I return to Cydia it's still in the same state.

After shutting Cydia down and ending the process in the Multitasking bar, opening Cydia again shows a blank template (the background of Cydia, no text or anything). This stays like this for hours, and shows no sign of loading or returning.

The only way I can return to Cydia is by respringing or restarting my iPhone.

Is anyone else having a similar problem and/or does anyone know a possible solution?

Thanks!

-DaSedge

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Nope running good for me. Sometimes when I'm upgrading a tweak it will take a while to git to my springboard. Other than that no problems here

Hello. I have the same problem since yesterday. Other Repos are working. But with ModmyiRepo Cydia freezes.

Thanks

What other repos do you have? And or you letting the repos refresh when Cydia refreshes?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

KaiTa (07-11-2012)

I have only Big&Boss, Cydia/Telesphoreo, Modmyi and ZottD Repo installed. Yes, i let refresh the Repos. I thought it is a CydiaTweak, that make the Trouble but in SafeMode it is the same.

Thanks

Repo may be down. The site is acting up for me this morning. Just checked it's not refreshing for me either right now.

I have make a restore. I have no Cydiaapp installed, no Appstoreapp installed, no BackUp installed. I have nothing installed. A really fresh System. And it is the same. Only with ModmyiRepo.

Hello. I am again.

I just wanted to edit my last Post with iPhone. I have written all my Post with my Mac but now i wanted to edit my last Post with iPhone.
    With the mobile Site from Modmyi. Not the App out the Appstore. After few Words Safari freezes. It is not only a Problem with Cydia. It is a generally Modmyi Problem i think. But why it is only with iPhone? Not with Mac.

Edit: I have now make an clean restore. Without install a BackUp an without Jailbreak.
    I have opened modmyi.com in Safari and read my Posting. After 10-15 seconds the Safari Screen Freezes. Only with ModMyi. Other Sites are working well.
    Last edited by KaiTa; 07-11-2012 at 08:44 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KaiTa View Post
    Hello. I am again.

I just wanted to edit my last Post with iPhone. I have written all my Post with my Mac but now i wanted to edit my last Post with iPhone.
    With the mobile Site from Modmyi. Not the App out the Appstore. After few Words Safari freezes. It is not only a Problem with Cydia. It is a generally Modmyi Problem i think. But why it is only with iPhone? Not with Mac.

Edit: I have now make an clean restore. Without install a BackUp an without Jailbreak.
    I have opened modmyi.com in Safari and read my Posting. After 10-15 seconds the Safari Screen Freezes. Only with ModMyi. Other Sites are working well.
    Snap... I have had the same since the 9th of July. I think it is the Adverts storing cookie data. I have also been getting strange popups. 3 options I have found to work around this problem are

1) clear out Safari Cookies and Data and do not visit the Modmyi website with Safari, use a different web browser

2) clear out Safari Cookies and Data then set Accept Cookies to Never, now you can visit the modmyi website with Safari but website preferences/logins will not be stored

3) clear out Safari Cookies and Data then install AdBlocker from Cydia, select your language and refresh its list of Adds to block, now if you see an add on their website hold your finger on it and add it to the block list editing it's address back to just the .com part