+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hiding / Dismissing Keyboard

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello all, As you may have/haven't noticed, this new handy feature was added into iOS5 to avoid the annoying moment of reading a full page or a conversation in messages
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Hiding / Dismissing Keyboard
    Hello all,

As you may have/haven't noticed, this new handy feature was added into iOS5 to avoid the annoying moment of reading a full page or a conversation in messages by hiding the keyboard with a swipe down.

Although (I'm sure I'm not alone here), being the big texter I am, have noticed that the feature becomes completely disregarded when you type enough in the compose window, meaning you have to do the whole press 'edit' button to view a conversation again while typing.

I've tried out the Cydia tweaks but they seem to become regardless during this issue, here would be an example: Attachment 588757

When the conversation isn't visible, there is nothing that can be done to hide the keyboard.
    Yep I use messages+ particularly for the QR and QC features, but the same issue runs on the stock messages app.

I was curious to know if there was another sort of gesture / tap anywhere workaround to hide the keyboard?
    Just curious.

Cheers for taking your time to read,
    ubelai.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Bump

Anyone? I don't understand why this hasn't had a response, even on multiple forums

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

there's another thread by seaeagle that seems to be the same issue. as i posted there, i've had the problem a couple of times and the only way i could to get out of it was to reboot. it hasn't been a big issue to me, but if anyone knows the cause and/or solution it would be appreciated.

i'm on a ip4 with 5.1.1. i've add keyboard tweaks iKeywi and Pictokeyboard but i haven't tried removing them to see if it helps since the problem occurs so infrequently for me.