+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Updating from 4.3.5 to 5.1.1 help...

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys im new here. Anyway, i have a friend who wants me to update / jailbreak his iphone 4. The phone is currently on 4.3.5 and he wants me
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Updating from 4.3.5 to 5.1.1 help...
    Hey guys im new here. Anyway, i have a friend who wants me to update / jailbreak his iphone 4.

The phone is currently on 4.3.5 and he wants me to update it w/o losing everything.

So i wanted to know, if it is safe to go ahead and update to 5.1.1. w/o worrying about losing all data ( photos, apps, contacts etc ) Also, his phone is not sync'd to my computer, but i already did a back up

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It's best to back his data up on his own computer, as well as sync his device to his computer. If that is not applicable, you must do so on your computer. There are numerous ways to back up data, creating a backup is a good way. Apps must however be synced to iTunes, to do so right-click the device and select to transfer purchases. That way, they can be synced right back into the device after the upgrade.

[HOW TO] Back your iDevice up

I have written an extensive view on many ways to backup a device. Review this and let me know if there are any other questions.