Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Is it worth jailbreaking my 4S?

  1. #21
    can i ask what is the music app problem people are having?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by hjscm View Post
    can i ask what is the music app problem people are having?
    Seems that some people have it, some dont. Its not exclusive to 5.1.1, its been an issue since 5.0. The music simply wont play. But pandora and other music players still work
    (null)

  3. #23
    I too have an iPhone 4S, and have been thinking about jailbreaking for a long time... like since I got my phone in Feb. I have had a couple jailbroken iPhone 3GS's, but the reason I'm hesistant about my 4S is because I bought it full price, with no contract... So, if something went wrong, I would pretty much be "up the creek without a paddle." My friend has a phone just like mine, and she jailbroke hers herself, and when she was at my house last night, I saw her dialing pad was zebra print! I thought that was so awesome, and I know there are many other things that make it worth it. I 'm just not sure, because originally, I wanted to do it because I am prepaid, and until recently, when 4S was jailbroken, you could use the unlimited data that comes with the $50 unlimited everything prepaid plan - but my friend said now, you must buy a data package... so I just want to know some specific details as to why I should do the jailbreak. I don't want it totally unlocked, just jailbroken, in case I don't like it. Can someone tell me some of the detailed reasons why it's better to jailbreak, besides not being under the "Apple Thumb?" Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  4. #24
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    689
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    4s brought mine out right factory unlocked!

    Quote Originally Posted by sparklekisses View Post
    I too have an iPhone 4S, and have been thinking about jailbreaking for a long time... like since I got my phone in Feb. I have had a couple jailbroken iPhone 3GS's, but the reason I'm hesistant about my 4S is because I bought it full price, with no contract... So, if something went wrong, I would pretty much be "up the creek without a paddle." My friend has a phone just like mine, and she jailbroke hers herself, and when she was at my house last night, I saw her dialing pad was zebra print! I thought that was so awesome, and I know there are many other things that make it worth it. I 'm just not sure, because originally, I wanted to do it because I am prepaid, and until recently, when 4S was jailbroken, you could use the unlimited data that comes with the $50 unlimited everything prepaid plan - but my friend said now, you must buy a data package... so I just want to know some specific details as to why I should do the jailbreak. I don't want it totally unlocked, just jailbroken, in case I don't like it. Can someone tell me some of the detailed reasons why it's better to jailbreak, besides not being under the "Apple Thumb?" Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Just jailbreak it if you don't like restore it itunes

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by sparklekisses View Post
    I too have an iPhone 4S, and have been thinking about jailbreaking for a long time... like since I got my phone in Feb. I have had a couple jailbroken iPhone 3GS's, but the reason I'm hesistant about my 4S is because I bought it full price, with no contract... So, if something went wrong, I would pretty much be "up the creek without a paddle." My friend has a phone just like mine, and she jailbroke hers herself, and when she was at my house last night, I saw her dialing pad was zebra print! I thought that was so awesome, and I know there are many other things that make it worth it. I 'm just not sure, because originally, I wanted to do it because I am prepaid, and until recently, when 4S was jailbroken, you could use the unlimited data that comes with the $50 unlimited everything prepaid plan - but my friend said now, you must buy a data package... so I just want to know some specific details as to why I should do the jailbreak. I don't want it totally unlocked, just jailbroken, in case I don't like it. Can someone tell me some of the detailed reasons why it's better to jailbreak, besides not being under the "Apple Thumb?" Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    There are many great articles out there that explain why jailbreaking is good and only makes the iOS scene that much better (aside from the pirating aspect). If you take the time to read about how tweaks and such work on your device before installing them it can be a great experience. The best part: you actually have to try pretty hard to damage your device beyond repair. I'd say about 99% of problems that arise can be easily fixed, and if not a restore will almost always remedy a situation. As long as you know what things you are installing or attempting to mod you will be fine. I have had iPhones (and an iPad) since '07, and have never ruined a device; a restore has always fixed the problems, and I have only had to do that a few times in 5 years.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

  6. #26
    Personally, I think.. Hell yeah!!

    I only did my recently, on 5.1.1, and I can say its definitely worth the beef.
    My previous phone was a 3GS and I was satisfied with it being jailbroken, but unfortunately the phone seemed to slow to cope with the tweaks up to offer.

    I decided to give it a go on my 4S and woah, am I impressed.
    The speed of the phone makes it a whole new experience!
    I had a similar problem with the music player though, but my music only seemed to lag during play near the start. I fixed this issue, but unfortunately I don't remember what I had removed in order to do so. It possibly could have been winterboard as I didn't really have a use for it.

    Enjoy,
    Ubelai

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by ubelai View Post
    Personally, I think.. Hell yeah!!

    I only did my recently, on 5.1.1, and I can say its definitely worth the beef.
    My previous phone was a 3GS and I was satisfied with it being jailbroken, but unfortunately the phone seemed to slow to cope with the tweaks up to offer.

    I decided to give it a go on my 4S and woah, am I impressed.
    The speed of the phone makes it a whole new experience!
    I had a similar problem with the music player though, but my music only seemed to lag during play near the start. I fixed this issue, but unfortunately I don't remember what I had removed in order to do so. It possibly could have been winterboard as I didn't really have a use for it.

    Enjoy,
    Ubelai
    It's quite odd.
    When I had my 2nd gen iPod Touch jailbroken on 2.2.1 it seemed so smooth and fluid, same thing when I did my 3GS, but now that I have my 4S and I'm able to compare the jailbreaks side by side I don't even understand how I could use the 3GS. Oh hardware how I love you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •