Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia problem after using ICleaner

Exclamation Cydia problem after using ICleaner
    I used ICleaner and enabled the cydia sources option to clean and now after it respringed, I can't search for any of my packages that I usually have in the search feature of cydia. All my sources are there , but when I select them to see the packages, nothing is there. When I tried adding certain sources again, some of the packages loaded, then halfway through it had a message saying something like "operation timed out"

Does anybody know what I have done? Is there any way I can fix this and have everything back to normal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Thanks

iCleaner has caused issues for a lot of people, including me. Try refreshing the sources by going to the changes tab and clicking refresh
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    iCleaner has caused issues for a lot of people, including me. Try refreshing the sources by going to the changes tab and clicking refresh
    Okay thanks I did that , it seemed to fix majority of the problem. Just out of curioosity , what does ICleaner do to the cydia sources? And also, what exactly happened to my phones when I chose that option in ICleaner?

Thanks

I'm not very sure, but I think it deletes any bad repos you have there.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Hi there, just saw this post while looking for issues with this app. The dev's description of the cydia sources function is as follows

"Cydia sources (disabled by default): it deletes Cydia sources files. As a result, Cydia will not list any package and the sources will have to be updated. This is disabled by default since it's only helpful if Cydia sources aren't updating correctly"

My advice would be not to activate this particular aspect of the cleaning cycle (ignore if you can when it prompts you or leave it set to off?) as you will only need this if you are having issues with Cydia files updating. This is a very handy tweak as before if repo servers were down (as they were immediately after the latest jailbreak hit!) you will get a barrage of error messages & difficulties adding or updating repos.

I would also recommend you go to the dev's instruction page (on cydia , look for icleaner) & have a good read as there are other settings in the app which could potentially ruin your life if you blindly play around with them..

Good luck!

I am having a similar problem. I didnt select cydia and I think on upgrade of icleaner yesterday must have been on by default.

I get these errors:

wow you exceeded the number of package names this APT is capable of.
    Problems with MergeList/var/lib/dpkg/status
    The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

DOES anyoe know how to reset this or fix?? I have refreshed 10 times and nothing but the errors.

THanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    I'm not very sure, but I think it deletes any bad repos you have there.
    Hi, after running the icleaner with Cydia option and doing a respring, my cydia app opens very minimized on my iPad and basically I'm not able to click any option. Tried to close, respring, reboot but nothin worked. Attached is the screenshot of the app. Please help -image.jpg

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pluto459 View Post
    I am having a similar problem. I didnt select cydia and I think on upgrade of icleaner yesterday must have been on by default.

I get these errors:

wow you exceeded the number of package names this APT is capable of.
    Problems with MergeList/var/lib/dpkg/status
    The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

DOES anyoe know how to reset this or fix?? I have refreshed 10 times and nothing but the errors.

THanks in advance
    This error message isn't related to iCleaner. It happens because Cydia is currently based on a version of APT that can only support having 65k packages available from your installed sources.

You can fix the problem by removing some of your sources (by going to Manage -> Sources -> Edit on iPhone/iPod touch or to Sources -> Edit on iPad). That will put the number of available packages below 65k so that you can use Cydia again.

If some sources seem to not have a "remove" button when you try to remove them, that usually means they were installed as packages. Go to Manage -> Packages on iPhone/iPod touch (or to Installed on iPad), find the package with the source's name, and uninstall that package.

Keep in mind that pretty much the only way to get to this error message right now is to have several pirate repositories installed (since the default repositories only add up to 41k packages, and legitimate non-default repositories tend to be small). So, to work around this limitation, it's best to uninstall pirate repositories and keep legitimate ones. The default legitimate repositories are BigBoss, Cydia/Telesphoreo, Dev Team, ModMyi, and ZodTTD/MacCiti.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupid007 View Post
    Hi, after running the icleaner with Cydia option and doing a respring, my cydia app opens very minimized on my iPad and basically I'm not able to click any option. Tried to close, respring, reboot but nothin worked. Attached is the screenshot of the app. Please help -image.jpg
    This problem also isn't related to iCleaner. See the instructions on the evasi0n help page at JailbreakQA:

Why is Cydia suddenly tiny after rebooting (the quarter screen bug)? How do I fix it?

This is caused by having a tweak incompatible with iOS 6 installed, and it only shows up after rebooting. Check your tweaks and uninstall any that might not be compatible - this list may help. To uninstall incompatible tweaks: first put your device into Safe Mode using SBSettings (tap the "Power" button in SBSettings for the Safe Mode option) or using a similar tweak, or if you don't have something like that installed, you can reboot your device while holding the volume up button to disable all tweaks. Then open up Cydia and uninstall any tweaks that you suspect are incompatible. You can reboot again to check, and repeat the process as necessary.

Known tweaks that cause this issue are Deck, an old version of Transparency (please update it), and an old version of RetinaPad (please update it), and there are probably several others. Respringing is a temporary fix for this issue (it will make Cydia usable again), but unless you remove the incompatible tweak(s), you will get this problem again the next time you reboot your device. Winterboard and UIKit Tools do not cause this problem (they are fully compatible with iOS 6), but installing/updating them may cause you to reboot your device, which makes the incompatible tweak problem show up.