Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need to speed up 3GS. Which Apps are Mem hogs?

Default Need to speed up 3GS. Which Apps are Mem hogs?
    So my 4S was stolen and im back on my 3GS. I have it just the way I want it but it has slowed to a complete crawl. To the point where its pretty unusable.

Im running

Major Tweaks (ones I suspect use the most mem)
    Winterboard, Dashboard X, Springtomize 2, Gridlock, Iconaclasm, Lockinfo, FolderEnhnacer, Applocker, Color Keyboard, Multifl0w, PowerCenter Pro, Scrolling board,

Minor tweaks (ones i suspect are a more minor drain)
    Appcenter for Notification Center, cyntact, Displayout, FolderIcons (disabled), zepplin, Sparrow +.

Now i love the look i have, and have tried to kill off a few of what i suspect are my major mem hogs but im left with the above.

What have you found to be most/least efficient for your 3gs? Im on IOS 5.0.1

Thanks!
    Last edited by Neflheim; 05-22-2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: forgot IOS ver

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Lock info for sure. Notification center widgets slow down the device too. Not sure about the others, but probably multi fl0w

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks. I turned off folder icons -not used, and NC enhancer..it's helped some... I think my theme is not helping.. But I like the look of the folders....

Thanks

Winterboard
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

But the new winterboard fixes lag I thought. Otherwise I would have mentioned it

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

That's my fear. I've read about manually installing themes...my theme has some dynamic lock screen I don't need which I'm sure isn't helping.. I like the rest of the theme..does manual installing help?

Thanks

@ipod Still makes your device slower than normal.

@op You can try removing the part you don't want using iFile. Not sure if it would work though
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

Wow...why do u need all that stuff?...I had 3GS on 5.x and I really didn't have any issues, except battery didn't last as long as 4.x. Also was having issue with SBS toggles messing up..mostly the wifi. Reboot fixes that but tethered sucks.. I only run Lockinfo, lockweather, SBS, ifile, activator n a couple other things I do like removing language packs n retina icons...frees up some storage...I think winterboard may be one of your worst resource hogs..I think maybe that....was it intelliscteen x? Bugs me when I can't read post while typing..I'm on phone...maybe springtomize and those others?..I dunno..maybe try removing all those extras and see if it helps..I'm back on 4.2.1 cuz I got sick of iTunes 10.5+ n ios 5.x putting my pics back on out of order! Hope they fix that soon cuz not going up again till they do..And the battery drain..I was getting about 1.5 days out of a charge.. I get 3-4 days out of 4.2.1. I could live with that if they fix the pic issue..Good luck. Let us know how it goes.