+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dashboard X battery issue

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I bought Dashboard X last week, my concern is battery life. I use 3 widgets, and by battery drains in no time. Is this an issue with Dashboard X, or
    Thanks

Default Dashboard X battery issue
    I bought Dashboard X last week, my concern is battery life. I use 3 widgets, and by battery drains in no time. Is this an issue with Dashboard X, or with what widgets you run. I've experimented myself, by using different widgets, and only running one or two widgets. I think this is a awesome tweak, but I don't like giving up that much battery life for it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

I have Dashboard X and all three widgets installed and it doesnt impact my battery life to the point where I can notice it. It may be a combination of other apps you have installed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gotzaiPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I read where the dev said that dashboardX doesn't use much resources by it self. It is the widgets, depending on how they were written, that takes up resources and in turn using more battery. Think about it, an info heavy widget that was meant to only be active when NC is pulled down and now it's active all the time. Could be causing some power issues.

Thanks

Yea the widgets in Notification Center, don't affect the battery as much as they do in Dashboard X. With Dashboard X since there always updating on our springboard that will drain battery more, I would think.