+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Wont Connect to computer *PLEASE HELP*

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok, Its been a long while since i have synced my iphone to my desktop. I have in the past tried connecting my phone to my computer to grab some
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone Wont Connect to computer *PLEASE HELP*
    Ok,
    Its been a long while since i have synced my iphone to my desktop.
    I have in the past tried connecting my phone to my computer to grab some pictures off, but the phone never came up, i just assumed i was having an issue with my desktop and wound up emailing them to myself..
    So now i have added some new music to itunes and i wanted to sync my phone.
    I have recently reloaded my desktop and installed everything from scratch...
    I currently have an iPhone 4, Running jailbroke 5.0.1
    My desktop is running Windows 7 Ultimate.
    I am running itunes 10.6.1.7
    I have done the following troubleshooting so far..
    I have totally removed itunes including all directories and registry keys, and have re-installed to no avail.
    I have tried plugging my iphone into different machines also to not have it come up..
    I have an iPad that i plug into my desktop and it gets recognized, and i hear the windows "Plugged in" hardware sound
    when i plug in my iphone, it does NOTHING. No sound, the phone doesnt even charge.. it is as if i never plugged it in.

Please help me..
    I want to backup my phone as its been a while, and i also want to sync some new songs..
    This is driving me crazy..

PS Before anyone suggests BAD plug on the iphone. I have went and put the phone into restore mode and when i do that, the computer starts to see it.. i unplug it right away becuase i would RATHER NOT do a restore right now until i can get a back up done.. Just wanted to add this before i have everyone telling its a bad cable, or plug on the phone and to bring it to apple LOL
    Last edited by thetaz01; 05-14-2012 at 06:43 AM.

EVO
    Thanks

try to connect the phone to a different USB port

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    try to connect the phone to a different USB port
    I tried that, In addition to a different cable, as well..
    Like i said, if i put the phone into Restore mode IT WILL start to get recognized...

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetaz01 View Post
    I tried that, In addition to a different cable, as well..
    Like i said, if i put the phone into Restore mode IT WILL start to get recognized...
    have you tried to temporarily disable the firewall and/or disable any security software running? It could be blocking one of the ports

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    have you tried to temporarily disable the firewall and/or disable any security software running? It could be blocking one of the ports
    ?????Firewall on The computer???
    Windows 7 software firewall is just as it states, A Network firewall, having nothing to do with the USB Ports..

I should have prefaced my post with, I am a network/system admin, I am extremely computer savy!! and an IT Computer guy BY Trade!
    The windows software Firewall, does NOT block USB connections.... BUt just to aleviate any question, I do not have the windows 7 firewall enabled anyway! it is one of the first things that i turn off!! LOL

So with that said. THIS has NOTHING to do with the PC, i have tried it on several PC's, laptops, Desktops, even on an iMAC!
    and the behavior is the same, this is something on the phone, and just am hoping someone else has had the same issue and has been able to pinpoint what jailbreak tweak or file needs to be fixed...
    thanks for all your replies..