+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone suddenly went into recovery mode

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
After several months of error free operation my iphone 3Gs entered recovery mode after coming out of a power saver mode. My battery is defective and I am waiting or
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Phone suddenly went into recovery mode
    After several months of error free operation my iphone 3Gs entered recovery mode after coming out of a power saver mode. My battery is defective and I am waiting or a replacement but I don't want to do a restore as I will loose too much information since it has been a while sine I restored it. I tried TinyUmbrella to kick it out of recovery mode but it entered it again before exiting recovery mode.

What can I do without restoring.

Please help. Having entered this mode, my phone is useless until I restore, the data must still be there as it was 20 minutes ago.

Please help really need to act fast.

Thanks for any assistance.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by X242 View Post
    After several months of error free operation my iphone 3Gs entered recovery mode after coming out of a power saver mode. My battery is defective and I am waiting or a replacement but I don't want to do a restore as I will loose too much information since it has been a while sine I restored it. I tried TinyUmbrella to kick it out of recovery mode but it entered it again before exiting recovery mode.

What can I do without restoring.

Please help. Having entered this mode, my phone is useless until I restore, the data must still be there as it was 20 minutes ago.

Please help really need to act fast.

Thanks for any assistance.
    try putting the phone in DFU mode and kicking it out of DFU mode

Green Apple
    Thanks

first thing I tried, did not work.

Figured it was a glitch having to do with defective battery and the way it suddenly died while surfing. Never had this happen so I could wait for someone with that magic fix or just restore from the last backup--still lost some data but that's life. Should have backed up long before then anyway but still had to use
    TU to return to 4.2.1 then jailbreak again then grab **********--*******--then resync with itunes--never any fun but lucky for me I had somewhat recent back and all the other goodies to make this work.

Thanks