Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs upgrade from ipad baseband?

Default 3gs upgrade from ipad baseband?
    i still have my old 3gs on the ipad baseband probably in the 4.x.x FW area and i wanna update it. Im a little behind on my IOS JB skills so can anyone tell me if theres something new out there, or the latest thing i can do to get the 5.X.X FW on the 3gs?

As of now, it's better to wait for an untethered jailbreak 5.1.1. According to Pod2g, he may release it in a few weeks. Since you have an iPad baseband, dev-team recommends that you do a custom firmware update and avoid official.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 360psp View Post
    i still have my old 3gs on the ipad baseband probably in the 4.x.x FW area and i wanna update it. Im a little behind on my IOS JB skills so can anyone tell me if theres something new out there, or the latest thing i can do to get the 5.X.X FW on the 3gs?

Do you have old or new Bootrom? If its old you can untether jailbreak at 5.1.1
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Quote Originally Posted by celeron View Post
    Do you have old or new Bootrom? If its old you can untether jailbreak at 5.1.1
    It's oLd bootromE

Thanks

Yeah u can go up to 5.x.x if u wanna watch your battery drain...I have 3GS and I've been up and down between all the versions many many times.. I have only a few Cydia apps on here and maybe 16 App store apps...push off, everything off like wifi-Bluetooth etc. Unless I need it.. On 4.2.1 I get 3-4 days off charge with moderate usage. I get 1.5-2 days maybe out of iOS 5... I like how Lockinfo works in iOS 5 but 5 just eats too much battery for me...needless to say I'm back down on 4.3.3 now...

Plus iTunes 10.5+ puts pics back on phone out of order...that's one of the 2 reasons I went back down to iTunes 10.3 and iOS 4.x.x
    Last edited by xboxbml; 05-15-2012 at 09:45 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xboxbml For This Useful Post:

360psp (05-15-2012)

Ok well thanks everyone, i guess im not going to upgrade, i dont use it anyway i have a 4s but its my backup and i like to keep things up to date, but if it kills so much battery then id rather leave it alone. if theres ever a way to get rid of the ipad bb then i will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    Yeah u can go up to 5.x.x if u wanna watch your battery drain...I have 3GS and I've been up and down between all the versions many many times.. I have only a few Cydia apps on here and maybe 16 App store apps...push off, everything off like wifi-Bluetooth etc. Unless I need it.. On 4.2.1 I get 3-4 days off charge with moderate usage. I get 1.5-2 days maybe out of iOS 5... I like how Lockinfo works in iOS 5 but 5 just eats too much battery for me...needless to say I'm back down on 4.3.3 now...

Plus iTunes 10.5+ puts pics back on phone out of order...that's one of the 2 reasons I went back down to iTunes 10.3 and iOS 4.x.x

Hi,

I have iphone 3gs with new bootrom but it's made on 10th week in 2010. currently on 4.0.1 6.15 BB. Can i upgrade to 5.1.1 with untethered jailbreak and unlock.

I have made the custom FW 5.1.1 from redsnow but not sure if i should proceed further or not. Please help me in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by skhalidhashmi View Post
    Hi,

I have iphone 3gs with new bootrom but it's made on 10th week in 2010. currently on 4.0.1 6.15 BB. Can i upgrade to 5.1.1 with untethered jailbreak and unlock.

I have made the custom FW 5.1.1 from redsnow but not sure if i should proceed further or not. Please help me in this regard.
    yes you are fine to install the 5.1.1 and use ultrasn0w to unlock because it supports BB 06.15.00

Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    yes you are fine to install the 5.1.1 and use ultrasn0w to unlock because it supports BB 06.15.00
    Thanks a lot for your prompt response but need to know if it would be untethered jailbreak or tether one as i have read that for new bootrom it's still a tethered jailbreak.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by skhalidhashmi View Post
    Thanks a lot for your prompt response but need to know if it would be untethered jailbreak or tether one as i have read that for new bootrom it's still a tethered jailbreak.

Regards
    yes it is untethered