Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Respring loop? Help neededis a discussion within the
General iPhone Chatforums, a part of the
Hi all, I have just updated twitkafly on my 4S and I did the respring but it was in the respring state for like 40 minutes so I held down...
05-10-2012, 01:59 PM #1
Respring loop? Help needed
I have just updated twitkafly on my 4S and I did the respring but it was in the respring state for like 40 minutes so I held down the power and home button to turn off and restart. The phone then displayed the apple logo but after a little while it shows the gears animation (not moving). I've connected to my pc and I can access the phone through my computer and it is visible in iTunes. Is there any way to get my phone back to a bootable state without restoring?
05-10-2012, 02:08 PM #2
Press and hold the volume up button and device should boot. Then remove that tweak thru cydia
05-10-2012, 02:24 PM #3
^ Not the way to to a hard reboot on iPhone, hold power and home button.
Then remove app.
05-10-2012, 02:29 PM #4
Bu holding the up button during the boot bypasses mobile substrate to get out of a boot loop. It's a new feature that was recently added and I've successfully used it a few times to get out of a boot loop.
The Following User Says Thank You to gotzaiPhone For This Useful Post:
05-10-2012, 02:30 PM #5
Thanks, always learning. Will have to give it a try.
05-10-2012, 02:33 PM #6
I feel like a genius hehe. We learn something new here everyday
05-10-2012, 02:44 PM #7
I can't seem to get it to boot up with the volume up tip. Anything else I can do?
05-10-2012, 02:56 PM #8
Download iFunBox on the computer and connect the iPhone. Then search for the tweak and delete it from there
05-10-2012, 04:28 PM #9
Ok I deleted the tweak with ifunbox but the issue remains. Anything else I can do?
05-10-2012, 07:06 PM #10
try to delete every other tweak you have, and one by one reboot after each deletion to test out...
the worst case scenario is only restoring, but hopefully redsn0w should be updated soon to allow u to downgrade back to 5.0.1 if you have shsh blobs + aptickets saved
05-11-2012, 07:11 AM #11
05-11-2012, 10:41 AM #12
The new method of holding down the up volume button to by-pass Mobile Substrate is the recommended way. However, it requires version 0.9.3997 (released on April 16, 2012) or later. If you are having problem with this method, you may try the older technique as described by Saurik:
1. Download http://cache.saurik.com/jailbreakqa/cb-399x-1.tgz (it will replace /etc/launchd.conf with an empty file). If your device was jailbroken with JailbreakMe, use this file instead: http://cache.saurik.com/jailbreakqa/cb-399x-3.tgz. Don't unzip the file, just use it in step 3-4 below
2. Download Redsn0w 0.9.10b1
3. Run Redsn0w 0.9.10b1 then select "Jailbreak". When you get to the step involving "Install Cydia", uncheck all boxes, but then select "Install Custom Bundle".
4. Choose the correct downloaded bundle in step 1. Wait for Redsn0w 0.9.10b1 to finish ...be patient...
5. Re-run Redsn0w 0.9.10b1, select Jailbreak, and then do what you normally would do. This will deactivate Substrate and Corona.
6. Reboot your device the way you normally would, taking into account that Corona will be uninstalled. As far as I know, other untethers will not be affected by this process, but Corona will definitely stop working.
7. Go into Cydia and uninstall problematic extensions, and then try booting your device again, possibly going through these steps again if you still encounter a boot loop.
05-11-2012, 11:49 AM #13