+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blocked iPhone 4S

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, I purchased a iPhone 4S from a my friends friend who doesn't live near me sadly, It has signal on Orange T-Mobile but no signal bars on Orange, I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Blocked iPhone 4S
    Hello, I purchased a iPhone 4S from a my friends friend who doesn't live near me sadly, It has signal on Orange T-Mobile but no signal bars on Orange, I cannot text or ring out or receive calls. I checked the IMEI number with CheckMend and they said it's blocked on certain networks, but it has not been reported as lost? So I am really confused whats going on and is there anything I can do?

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It sounds like your iPhone is carrier locked to Orange T-Mobile.

Martin.

Oops, can't work out how to edit my original post....lol

The best thing you could do long term is try & contact the original owner of the iPhone & ask them to get it unlocked via IMEI if it is eligible- Orange UK did mine in March & from what I can remember it was just under 20. )

Martin.
    Last edited by Touri5t; 05-10-2012 at 10:27 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The guy who sold me the phone had a Orange Sim Card in it, I bought a new sim and it has no bars when on Orange. Im starting to wonder if its IMEI blocked because he sold it cheaper than the usual price. In UK Orange share networks with T-Mobile, I just find it weird how I get signal on T-Mobile and not Orange.

I get 3G on Orange but when I try to make any call it just beeps and cuts off.
    Last edited by NathanKent; 05-10-2012 at 10:55 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I doubt I will be able to get a refund, I only paid 100 so guess its not bad for a iPod

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NathanKent View Post
    I doubt I will be able to get a refund, I only paid 100 so guess its not bad for a iPod
    Sounds likes its IMEI blocked and frankly if it was 100 then that's probably the case. A network lock wont show up as blocked on certain networks. He should have told you when purchasing that it didn't work. Also the reason you get signal is because of the way UK networks do their blocking. Some will let the phone register (hence signal) on the network but block calls and texts, some just block it even from registering (hence no signal). Note that the block only applies to UK networks.