Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems erasing my iphone

Default Problems erasing my iphone
    I am trying to erase my iphone so that i can sell it. I have a 3g running 3.x OS.

I went to Settings > General > Reset. The problem is that I do NOT have the "Erase all Contents and Settings" option at all for some reason. The only options under Reset is "Reset Network Settings; Reset Keyboard Dictionary; Reset Home Screen Layout; Reset Location Warnings"

What can I do?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

You shouldnt really use that setting anyway. It could leave you in boot loop. You should just restore it in itunes. You have a few options of how to do this depending on if the phone is unlocked and if you want to keep it that way.

Will restoring it cause the firmware and software to update? I dont want to do that plus I want to leave it jailbroken. Im scared to do anything on itunes because of its unpredictable nature and I know apple will try everything they can to update my device.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

If you want to stay on 3.1.3 firmware just download that firmware and shift/option restore to that in itunes. You dont have to update with a iPhone 3G. Then you can just rejailbreak with redsnow 0.9.4 (you have to point redsnow to a 3.1.2 firmware for it to work).