+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMessage

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I just bought an iPhone 4 on iOS 5. Unfortunately I don't have texting included in my plan so I plan on using iMessage Instead. If I send a "text"
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default iMessage
    I just bought an iPhone 4 on iOS 5. Unfortunately I don't have texting included in my plan so I plan on using iMessage Instead. If I send a "text" from messages app to an email (of someone who has iMessage on their iPod or iPhone) will it automatically use iMessage? And what if I send a "text" to an iPhone? Will that immediately use iMessage or will it be a normal text

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipodnew842 View Post
    I just bought an iPhone 4 on iOS 5. Unfortunately I don't have texting included in my plan so I plan on using iMessage Instead. If I send a "text" from messages app to an email (of someone who has iMessage on their iPod or iPhone) will it automatically use iMessage? And what if I send a "text" to an iPhone? Will that immediately use iMessage or will it be a normal text
    in order to know whether it is an "iMessage" or "Text Message", when you type the Receiver's email address or phone number, it will display at the top whether it is an "iMessage" which will use only your 3G or Wi-Fi, or "Text Message" which will cost you.

Also the blue text bubble will indicate it is an 'iMessage" while a regular "Text Message" will show a green bubble..

The only way to send iMessages is if both you and the recipient have an iPhone that is on iOS 5, if one of you have iOS5 and the other has iOS4 or lower, iMessages WILL NOT work and you will be charged for text messages

BTW you have to make sure iMessages is ENABLED in the SETTINGS for both phones

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

+1. Be sure to also disable the option to send as text if iMessage is not available.

/Thread moved

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    +1. Be sure to also disable the option to send as text if iMessage is not available.

/Thread moved
    Sorry if I'm reiterating but I just want to make sure; if I turn off the option in messages that says "send SMS" and I type in a phone number in messages (who has an iPhone) will it automatically be imessaging (and when I type in the number, will it IMMEDIATELY turn blue and say iMessage in the text box?)

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

If you have their email in your contacts and they have an iPhone, it will automatically send it as an iMessage.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

Yes if the iPhone has iOS 5 that you are messaging to, it will be sent as iMessage given that the other person has it enabled, when you put either a phone number or email address doesn't matter which. And yes it will be blue, it might lag and be green for a second or two but will turn blue if everything is in order. I have friends who message me from their iPhones that I didn't even know had iPhones and they come in blue. I also disabled it to send as SMS and I have Verizon block my SMS so I don't receive SMS anyway.

You'll be fine

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Yes if the iPhone has iOS 5 that you are messaging to, it will be sent as iMessage given that the other person has it enabled, when you put either a phone number or email address doesn't matter which. And yes it will be blue, it might lag and be green for a second or two but will turn blue if everything is in order. I have friends who message me from their iPhones that I didn't even know had iPhones and they come in blue. I also disabled it to send as SMS and I have Verizon block my SMS so I don't receive SMS anyway.

You'll be fine
    Haha okay thanks so much for your help!

Thanks

No problem

Green Apple
    Thanks

hello guys,
    please suggest me, (iphone4, Model A1332, IOS 4.3.2 Gevey Sim,) if i want to install iOS5.0.1 (and how to download & install without itunes) and Jailbreak, my Gevy Unlock will lost? if so then can i unlock it with any software base unlock system which will enable any carrier sim.(please also suggest unlock method) my modem firmware is 04.10.01

thank guys

Thanks

That baseband is unlockable with a Gevey Ultra Pro.

Please do not cross post, it is considered spam and we will not answer you any faster. Please consider reading the Forum Rules.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

farroukh_aali (05-12-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

thanks dear. i didnt knew. i said that i want software base unlock. is that possible the in present state i can get rid of Gevey and unlock it with software base i.e. ultrasnow like u said.? is ultrasnow is free?

Thanks

Ultrasn0w and all other software jailbreaks are not availiable for that baseband. Yes, Ultrasn0w is free though.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by farroukh_aali View Post
    hello guys,
    please suggest me, (iphone4, Model A1332, IOS 4.3.2 Gevey Sim,) if i want to install iOS5.0.1 (and how to download & install without itunes) and Jailbreak, my Gevy Unlock will lost? if so then can i unlock it with any software base unlock system which will enable any carrier sim.(please also suggest unlock method) my modem firmware is 04.10.01

thank guys
    so please tell how do i upgrad my iphone and unlock it? share any step by step lik

Thanks

Are you willing to do a tethered jailbreak?

Green Apple
    Thanks

teathered jailbreak means that i should never let iphone to off or reboot. ? then i hv to jailbreak and unlock it again and again.? there isnt any possible untethered jail break availble. i just want IOS 5 to use siri and others. is it easy rebooting. i m sorry, i have manay questions

Thanks

Alright here's the breakdown to you:

• iOS 5.1 can be jailbroken, but it's tethered.
    • Tethered means that you can't reboot or turn off your device, doing so will cause you to lose all jailbreak applications and tweaks.
    • There is absolutely no way to unlock the current baseband you're on. Gevey Ultra Pro is your only option.

So that's basically the breakdown for ya...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

farroukh_aali (05-12-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

SHSH blobs will help some wha??t. there must be some way. a lot of ppl may have same base bands. so they wont able to upgrade or unlock?

Thanks

SHSH blobs are you're only way to get to an un-tethered firmware right now (5.0.1). Basebands cannot be downgraded, only upgraded. If you'd like to stay at an unlockable baseband, just make a custom iPSW and use that to upgrade. Here's unlockable basebands for you: [How To] Check if you can Unlock

Green Apple
    Thanks

is the base bands can be upgraded.? i dont want to stay on unlockable base bands. upgrade means that once the base band is upgraded to unlockable base band the jailbreak and unlock will easy?

Thanks

When you restore or upgrade to a newer firmware, your baseband is automatically updated to the latest version making an unlock not possible. Older basebands are always better as they are normally unlockable, newer basebands aren't good.