Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iMessage

  1. #1
    Default iMessage
    I just bought an iPhone 4 on iOS 5. Unfortunately I don't have texting included in my plan so I plan on using iMessage Instead. If I send a "text" from messages app to an email (of someone who has iMessage on their iPod or iPhone) will it automatically use iMessage? And what if I send a "text" to an iPhone? Will that immediately use iMessage or will it be a normal text

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipodnew842 View Post
    I just bought an iPhone 4 on iOS 5. Unfortunately I don't have texting included in my plan so I plan on using iMessage Instead. If I send a "text" from messages app to an email (of someone who has iMessage on their iPod or iPhone) will it automatically use iMessage? And what if I send a "text" to an iPhone? Will that immediately use iMessage or will it be a normal text
    in order to know whether it is an "iMessage" or "Text Message", when you type the Receiver's email address or phone number, it will display at the top whether it is an "iMessage" which will use only your 3G or Wi-Fi, or "Text Message" which will cost you.

    Also the blue text bubble will indicate it is an 'iMessage" while a regular "Text Message" will show a green bubble..

    The only way to send iMessages is if both you and the recipient have an iPhone that is on iOS 5, if one of you have iOS5 and the other has iOS4 or lower, iMessages WILL NOT work and you will be charged for text messages

    BTW you have to make sure iMessages is ENABLED in the SETTINGS for both phones

  3. #3
    Retired Moderator i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    +1. Be sure to also disable the option to send as text if iMessage is not available.

    /Thread moved

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    +1. Be sure to also disable the option to send as text if iMessage is not available.

    /Thread moved
    Sorry if I'm reiterating but I just want to make sure; if I turn off the option in messages that says "send SMS" and I type in a phone number in messages (who has an iPhone) will it automatically be imessaging (and when I type in the number, will it IMMEDIATELY turn blue and say iMessage in the text box?)

  5. #5
    If you have their email in your contacts and they have an iPhone, it will automatically send it as an iMessage.
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  6. #6
    Retired Moderator i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Yes if the iPhone has iOS 5 that you are messaging to, it will be sent as iMessage given that the other person has it enabled, when you put either a phone number or email address doesn't matter which. And yes it will be blue, it might lag and be green for a second or two but will turn blue if everything is in order. I have friends who message me from their iPhones that I didn't even know had iPhones and they come in blue. I also disabled it to send as SMS and I have Verizon block my SMS so I don't receive SMS anyway.

    You'll be fine

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Yes if the iPhone has iOS 5 that you are messaging to, it will be sent as iMessage given that the other person has it enabled, when you put either a phone number or email address doesn't matter which. And yes it will be blue, it might lag and be green for a second or two but will turn blue if everything is in order. I have friends who message me from their iPhones that I didn't even know had iPhones and they come in blue. I also disabled it to send as SMS and I have Verizon block my SMS so I don't receive SMS anyway.

    You'll be fine
    Haha okay thanks so much for your help!

  8. #8
    Retired Moderator i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    No problem

  9. #9
    hello guys,
    please suggest me, (iphone4, Model A1332, IOS 4.3.2 Gevey Sim,) if i want to install iOS5.0.1 (and how to download & install without itunes) and Jailbreak, my Gevy Unlock will lost? if so then can i unlock it with any software base unlock system which will enable any carrier sim.(please also suggest unlock method) my modem firmware is 04.10.01

    thank guys

  10. #10
    That baseband is unlockable with a Gevey Ultra Pro.

    Please do not cross post, it is considered spam and we will not answer you any faster. Please consider reading the Forum Rules.
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

    farroukh_aali (05-12-2012)

  12. #11
    thanks dear. i didnt knew. i said that i want software base unlock. is that possible the in present state i can get rid of Gevey and unlock it with software base i.e. ultrasnow like u said.? is ultrasnow is free?

  13. #12
    Ultrasn0w and all other software jailbreaks are not availiable for that baseband. Yes, Ultrasn0w is free though.
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  14. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by farroukh_aali View Post
    hello guys,
    please suggest me, (iphone4, Model A1332, IOS 4.3.2 Gevey Sim,) if i want to install iOS5.0.1 (and how to download & install without itunes) and Jailbreak, my Gevy Unlock will lost? if so then can i unlock it with any software base unlock system which will enable any carrier sim.(please also suggest unlock method) my modem firmware is 04.10.01

    thank guys
    so please tell how do i upgrad my iphone and unlock it? share any step by step lik

  15. #14
    Are you willing to do a tethered jailbreak?
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  16. #15
    teathered jailbreak means that i should never let iphone to off or reboot. ? then i hv to jailbreak and unlock it again and again.? there isnt any possible untethered jail break availble. i just want IOS 5 to use siri and others. is it easy rebooting. i m sorry, i have manay questions

  17. #16
    Alright here's the breakdown to you:


    • iOS 5.1 can be jailbroken, but it's tethered.
    • Tethered means that you can't reboot or turn off your device, doing so will cause you to lose all jailbreak applications and tweaks.
    • There is absolutely no way to unlock the current baseband you're on. Gevey Ultra Pro is your only option.


    So that's basically the breakdown for ya...
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

    farroukh_aali (05-12-2012)

  19. #17
    SHSH blobs will help some wha??t. there must be some way. a lot of ppl may have same base bands. so they wont able to upgrade or unlock?

  20. #18
    SHSH blobs are you're only way to get to an un-tethered firmware right now (5.0.1). Basebands cannot be downgraded, only upgraded. If you'd like to stay at an unlockable baseband, just make a custom iPSW and use that to upgrade. Here's unlockable basebands for you: [How To] Check if you can Unlock
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

  21. #19
    is the base bands can be upgraded.? i dont want to stay on unlockable base bands. upgrade means that once the base band is upgraded to unlockable base band the jailbreak and unlock will easy?

  22. #20
    When you restore or upgrade to a newer firmware, your baseband is automatically updated to the latest version making an unlock not possible. Older basebands are always better as they are normally unlockable, newer basebands aren't good.
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •