+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Imessages

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have heard there are ways to have an ipod touch send texts to any phone using the native imessages app, but i was wondering if there is any way
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have heard there are ways to have an ipod touch send texts to any phone using the native imessages app, but i was wondering if there is any way yet to send an sms from a jb iphone to the ipod touch's imessaging app without the use of an internet connection. so the person on the ipod touch would be imessaging me, but i would just be texting them?

i dont have internet in my area, and no data plan, my iphone is jb, but and my friends dont have cellphones, so the point would be so i can send texts pics and videos, and they would just get it on their imessages without having to jailbreak their ipods
    Last edited by 3tr3x; 04-30-2012 at 11:09 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You can't SMS to a iPod touch as it hasn't got the telephony capability/hardware to do this. You can only send iMessages via data not SMS. Frankly iMessage is a little temperamental so I refuse to use it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3tr3x View Post
    I have heard there are ways to have an ipod touch send texts to any phone using the native imessages app, but i was wondering if there is any way yet to send an sms from a jb iphone to the ipod touch's imessaging app without the use of an internet connection. so the person on the ipod touch would be imessaging me, but i would just be texting them?

i dont have internet in my area, and no data plan, my iphone is jb, but and my friends dont have cellphones, so the point would be so i can send texts pics and videos, and they would just get it on their imessages without having to jailbreak their ipods
    thats not possible as far as I know, sorry
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide