Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question regarding having the iPhone appear as a harddrive

Default Question regarding having the iPhone appear as a harddrive
    Hello everyone

First of all I apologize if this is incoherent. I've been on Google for hours trying to figure this out with no luck. What I want to do is try and find a way to list my iPhone as an actual hard drive, not show up as a digital camera, so that I can run photo recovery software and scan it. I've tried multiple softwares and none have been able to detect it. I've seen suggestions on other forums for stuff that lets me into the phone. But I need to find something that basically allows programs to view my iPhone as another HDD. My phone is jailbroken, if it matters and I honestly appreciate any help.

Thanks

Well if you are just looking to recover photos that are no longer in the camera roll there are methods to doing that. I'm sure someone here would be happy to walk you through the process!

I'd definitely be willing to try anything at this point so any help is useful.

I'm pretty sure you have access to the file system when using iFunBox, even if you're not jailbroken.

Yeah, just tested it with my iPad 3 - I have access to all my photos.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

RevInstant (04-27-2012)

Does that include deleted ones?

Green Apple
    Thanks

pwntunes lets you use the phone as a USB drive

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RevInstant View Post
    Does that include deleted ones?
    Nope, not deleted ones
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Quote Originally Posted by RevInstant View Post
    Hello everyone

First of all I apologize if this is incoherent. I've been on Google for hours trying to figure this out with no luck. What I want to do is try and find a way to list my iPhone as an actual hard drive, not show up as a digital camera, so that I can run photo recovery software and scan it. I've tried multiple softwares and none have been able to detect it. I've seen suggestions on other forums for stuff that lets me into the phone. But I need to find something that basically allows programs to view my iPhone as another HDD. My phone is jailbroken, if it matters and I honestly appreciate any help.
    so are you wanting to mount your iphone as a drive, like how a usb drive is mounted with a drive letter?

the computer automatically creates a mount point when you plug your iphone into the computer via Plug-in-play process, but only allows you to process photos from your camera roll.