+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to make custom wallpaper for Lockscreen and unlock screen!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have tried to make custom wallpaper for my lockscreen and unlock screen using a few tutorials, but haven't had any luck. I also was trying to get a hold
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default How to make custom wallpaper for Lockscreen and unlock screen!
    I have tried to make custom wallpaper for my lockscreen and unlock screen using a few tutorials, but haven't had any luck. I also was trying to get a hold of a program called lockback which was suppose to help me edit a HTML page. I am familiar with how to SSH and navigate around the file system. Can someone give me the easiest way to do this. A tutorial that they have followed to get this done. What size does the picture have to be scaled down to, what format (PNG/GIF) and can I use another program besides Adobe Photoshop? Thanks for the help.

Thanks

Size for iPhone 3g/s is 320x480...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have an Iphone 4. From what I have read I think it is still 320 by 480

I can replace the Converted-LockBackground.jpg picture inside of the typhone4 folder. That means I have my custom wallpaper on the lockscreen, but it still shows the clock and sliding unlock key like it is typhone4. I would like to be able to just use my custome wallpaper for either the lockscreen or unlock screen without putting it inside of an already working folder. If I do this do I have to create a bundle, Ullmages, private folders in stash, themes and does there need to be something in them. Hopefully I am making sense and someone can tell me how they go about doing this. Thanks
    Last edited by cap2587; 04-26-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,695 Times in 839 Posts

Are you using someone else's HTML lockscreen as a template?

The easiest way to set the lock screen is just email the images to yourself, then save them to photo roll and set them as lock/ homescreen.

For HTML themes you simply replace the images with your own, naming them exactly the same as the originals.

Also, the resolution of the iPhone 4 is 960x640.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Are you using someone else's HTML lockscreen as a template?

The easiest way to set the lock screen is just email the images to yourself, then save them to photo roll and set them as lock/ homescreen.

For HTML themes you simply replace the images with your own, naming them exactly the same as the originals.

Also, the resolution of the iPhone 4 is 960x640.
    I have tried to just select the picture I want and set it as home screen and Lockscreen wallpaper! This does not work for the lockscreen and does for the homescreen. I have tried so many different ways of replacing this and adding this via SSH that I am confused. Why can't I make my own theme and put my own image in it via SSH. Is jpg, Gif or png the right format for wallpaper or can you use any of these. I will keep trying. Thanks for the suggestions.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cap2587 View Post
    I have tried to just select the picture I want and set it as home screen and Lockscreen wallpaper! This does not work for the lockscreen and does for the homescreen. I have tried so many different ways of replacing this and adding this via SSH that I am confused. Why can't I make my own theme and put my own image in it via SSH. Is jpg, Gif or png the right format for wallpaper or can you use any of these. I will keep trying. Thanks for the suggestions.
    weird that its working for homescreen and not lockscreen because as Jahoo said, thats the easiest way to have a custom lockscreen/homescreen.

it should be 640x960

did you make sure it was named in correct format, ie. [email protected] and [email protected]? (that is for one wallpaper BTW)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can add a homescreen picture by selecting add as wallpaper to any picture. I cannot do this via the lockscreen option. I can also add a picture to the stash, themes folder inside of a Cydia Lockscreen theme by replacing there picture with mine. That still leaves the date, clock with my backround picture. I am not sure where you want me to check if I am naming correct. I am including a picture of where I think i rename pictures and tell me if that is correct.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cap2587 View Post
    I can add a homescreen picture by selecting add as wallpaper to any picture. I cannot do this via the lockscreen option. I can also add a picture to the stash, themes folder inside of a Cydia Lockscreen theme by replacing there picture with mine. That still leaves the date, clock with my backround picture. I am not sure where you want me to check if I am naming correct. I am including a picture of where I think i rename pictures and tell me if that is correct.
    try leaving ~iphone out