Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS messages without data?

Default MMS messages without data?
    I have look hi and low perhaps in the wrong spot but I cannot find an answer. Is there a way to be able to recieve MMS messages without data on or if nothing else recieve the message just without the file loading. I am coming over from android and even with data shut off the MMS message would come through and you would see a download option. You could then go to your data turn it on and view the message. Is there an option to allow the same thing. I can't leave my data on because other apps start using it. Still a beginner at this so would love and help, direction to a article etc

Quote Originally Posted by keynem View Post
    I have look hi and low perhaps in the wrong spot but I cannot find an answer. Is there a way to be able to recieve MMS messages without data on or if nothing else recieve the message just without the file loading. I am coming over from android and even with data shut off the MMS message would come through and you would see a download option. You could then go to your data turn it on and view the message. Is there an option to allow the same thing. I can't leave my data on because other apps start using it. Still a beginner at this so would love and help, direction to a article etc
    It is not possible since MMS use the "data" side of the connection

it should work with iMessage w/ wifi. otherwise, you'll need data to send/recieve MMS.

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    it should work with iMessage w/ wifi. otherwise, you'll need data to send/recieve MMS.
    Thanks. Thats what I was afraid of. I was hoping there was an app or something that would at least alert me to the fact that I recieved one. I know that Imessage works on the wifi but only good if your friends have an iphone. Is there and app to keep apps from eating up data updating like a wifi only. Android had an option that was sync but only using wifi so the apps wouldn't update unless wifi was on.