+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to sell my 4S jailbroken and unlocked?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im looking to sell my iPhone 4S. Is there a way I can sell it jailbroken and unlocked? Iím confused because when the next person gets it how would they set it up with their info without restoring and losing the jailbreak and unlock? Does it stay unlocked? Any help I would appreciate thanks!

Sorry, it's AT&T if that matters.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arejaye5000 View Post
    Im looking to sell my iPhone 4S. Is there a way I can sell it jailbroken and unlocked? I’m confused because when the next person gets it how would they set it up with their info without restoring and losing the jailbreak and unlock? Does it stay unlocked? Any help I would appreciate thanks!

Sorry, it's AT&T if that matters.
    is it jailbroken right now? if it is, leave it the way it is, because if that person who buys it from you wants to restore it to factory, it will remain unjailbroken until the DEVS release their non-public jailbreak...

if its not currently jailbroken, there is CURRENTLY no way to jailbreak it UNLESS it is CURRENTLY on 5.0.1, if it has been updated to 5.1, you cannot jailbreak it or downgrade back to 5.0.1 due to signing blah blah..

as far as being unlocked, the only way to do it is via GEVEY SIM ULTRA S or.........a new method called SAM, I'm not familiar with it but you can refer here: Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Unlock Your Jailbroken iPhone With SAM Today!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes it is jailbroken now on 5.0.1. And yes I was gonna unlock it using SAM before I sold it, to get a few extra bucks for it. But I just don't know how I go about getting my info off of it, and selling it jailbroken and unlocked? Kinda confusing I know.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arejaye5000 View Post
    Yes it is jailbroken now on 5.0.1. And yes I was gonna unlock it using SAM before I sold it, to get a few extra bucks for it. But I just don't know how I go about getting my info off of it, and selling it jailbroken and unlocked? Kinda confusing I know.
    why dont you try syncing your phone to itunes but with no data stored in itunes, contacts, photos, etc. Itunes will sync your iphone to its database (empty) and the majority of the pertinent information will be deleted

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

just call AT&T and see if they will unlock it for you. alot of 4s have already been unlocked by AT&T

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    just call AT&T and see if they will unlock it for you. alot of 4s have already been unlocked by AT&T
    They won't unlock 4S until its done with contract or if you pay the ETF. I've heard a guy pay ETF to cancel, Called AT&T to unlock, then contacted AT&T store to re-enable his old plan(he said he had withinn14 days to re-enable?) and got credited ETF money back to his billing. He said he made about $30 and got an unlocked 4S though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    Yeah, not many 4S's were unlocked actually. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I