+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: my JB 3GS frequently crashes back to home screen when using certain apps

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, I've got this issue with my iPhone 3GS. It's jailbroken and has 5.0.1 firmware currently installed on it. When using Mobile Safari or Echofon, those applications suddenly crash
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default my JB 3GS frequently crashes back to home screen when using certain apps
    Hey guys,
    I've got this issue with my iPhone 3GS. It's jailbroken and has 5.0.1 firmware currently installed on it. When using Mobile Safari or Echofon, those applications suddenly crash back to the home screen. It happens a few times a day on average. Haven't noticed this issue when using any other apps or games. Although I don't use many other apps apart from those two in particular. What could be causing this? I was wondering if it's just one of those things that happens when a device has been used extensively during its lifespan.

Thanks

No...shouldn't crash like that...I've been on 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.1 no crashing issues on this 3GS...back on 4.2.1 again though cuz I don't like battery drain...but no crash issues there...maybe some JB tweak or something...

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GregorClegane View Post
    Hey guys,
    I've got this issue with my iPhone 3GS. It's jailbroken and has 5.0.1 firmware currently installed on it. When using Mobile Safari or Echofon, those applications suddenly crash back to the home screen. It happens a few times a day on average. Haven't noticed this issue when using any other apps or games. Although I don't use many other apps apart from those two in particular. What could be causing this? I was wondering if it's just one of those things that happens when a device has been used extensively during its lifespan.
    keep an observation of any other apps that you launch and see if it crashes also, make a note of which one crashes

if its just mobile safari or echofon, there may be a potential corruption in the Apps' system files, if its other other apps crashing also, then a number of things could have occurred...

1. the jailbreak wasnt completed successfully, even though it may appear to have completed all the steps
    2. a tweak or tweaks installed is a problem child, need to root out it
    3. too lazy to type other potential problems so we will end here

Thanks

lol...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was playing a game called Flick Kick Football and that crashed me on me as well. Maybe I should go back to vanilla FW. Not much point being jailbroken if your apps constantly crash.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GregorClegane View Post
    I was playing a game called Flick Kick Football and that crashed me on me as well. Maybe I should go back to vanilla FW. Not much point being jailbroken if your apps constantly crash.
    why dont u just restore back to 5.0.1 and start new?? (assuming you have shsh blobs saved)

this will ensure that any problems will not occur again