+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installing PDF file without iTunes?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, because iTunes is so annoying, is there anyway to install ebooks without itunes? I have been trying with iTunes for hours and there is no way of doing it
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Installing PDF file without iTunes?
    Hi, because iTunes is so annoying, is there anyway to install ebooks without itunes? I have been trying with iTunes for hours and there is no way of doing it without it trying to delete everything, thx in advanced

If you are jailbroken and have ifile installed, you can manually create a directory in the file system, SSH into it and dump the PDFs. then on your phone, open ifile and import them to iBooks.

another option is drobbox. just put all the pdfs in dropbox on your computer and open them on your phone. you can import to iBooks that way also
    The Join date says enough!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Download ifunbox. It can I install it without iTunes

Thanks

thx for the quick help, ok so i tried ifunbox and copyed them into ibooks folder and they dont show up in ibooks. looks like option 2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wait I don't understand. Do you want too install an app. Or just view PDF files?

Thanks

Sorry, I'm not am expert on these things. So basically ifunbox didn't work, I managed to get a PDF reader from app store and drop and drop the files in iTunes to that particular app. I got there in the end. Thx for the help

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bwfcrus View Post
    Sorry, I'm not am expert on these things. So basically ifunbox didn't work, I managed to get a PDF reader from app store and drop and drop the files in iTunes to that particular app. I got there in the end. Thx for the help
    if u want an all-in-1 combo, use ifile like someone else mentioned and you can shsh the pdf too any folder and open with ifile, and you can use ifile for other modifications as well