+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 stuck on 'slide to unlock' and respring loop

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have an iPhone 4 5.0.1 JB. It started running a little slow so I closed all the running apps and restarted the phone. It boots to the unlock screen
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 stuck on 'slide to unlock' and respring loop
    I have an iPhone 4 5.0.1 JB. It started running a little slow so I closed all the running apps and restarted the phone. It boots to the unlock screen but freezes there. The light that goes across the slide to unlock bar is stuck in the same place. Then, after 2-3 minutes it will go black with the 'loading' white circle (like when you respring) and goes right back to the lock screen. I've tried resetting it by pressing the home/power buttons and get the same thing. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Did you happen to install anything from Cydia prior to this occurring?

Green Apple
    Thanks

No I haven't installed/updated anything from Cydia since yesterday. The clock/battery also doesn't change until it resprings. I've had an iPhone ever since the first one and have never had this kind of issue!
    I also noticed that my bootlogo isn't working right either. It runs part of the animation then changes to the 'respring' loading circle.
    Last edited by sabresfan08; 04-22-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Thanks

Do you have SHSHs for 5.0.1 saved?

I was asking about if you installed anything new from Cydia lately because if you have access to go into your phone via your computer, you could remove whatever it is that you installed. I've had a respring loop before and that's what I did bc a tweak from Cydia was causing it. But if that isn't the case for you, it's hard to isolate the problem in which you'd probably need to restore. That would need SHSHs for 5.0.1.

Green Apple
    Thanks

they are saved via cydia but not with anything like tinyumbrella.

the battery is just about dead so maybe ill see if i let it run down if that will fix it. not really looking forward to a restore but if i have to i have no choice
    Last edited by sabresfan08; 04-22-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks

Well if they are saved, doesn't matter where, they're saved. I agree, let the battery drain and see if it'll fix the problem. If not, then you can use your SHSHs to restore to 5.0.1.

Green Apple
    Thanks

let it die then let it charge and now its working again. i called the phone when it was frozen and when it started up it showed the 2 missed calls. very strange