Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Noob ?

My Iphone 4 has been factory unlocked from ATT, but I have SAM installed to fix push notifications. My ? is with SAM installed can I just insert any sim card other than my H20 sim and it work, or do I need to uninstall SAM first.

Thanks

Never mind, my neighbor let me borrow his sim card. And it worked even with SAM installed.
    Last edited by firstcherokeekid; 04-22-2012 at 11:14 AM.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Please delete this thread

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Why on earth do you need SAM installed if its factory unlocked as its superfluous to your needs given a factory unlocked phone will accept ANY sim card?

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Why on earth do you need SAM installed if its factory unlocked as its superfluous to your needs given a factory unlocked phone will accept ANY sim card?
    Either it was a spam bot, or he got it figured out, either way, he says he figured it out so we can close this thread.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Yes I figured it out, but since my carrier is not ATT my push notifications, facetime and Imessages were not working. Had to use SAM to make them work.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

If you have a factory unlocked iPhone you do not need SAM to get push notifications to work. Unless you did something wrong when jailbreaking.

My push notifications didn't work after one jailbreak do I used SAM to sort this, however I kinda resented having to install a package for them to work, so I restored and rejailbroke and they worked the next time.